• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intake manifolds......

If my engine ever went, I would build another hybrid just shave the heads a little to raise the CR a tad.

Just get a 2000 motor. ;) I always assumed it was 11.5:1 vs. 11.25:1 with a '98 or '99 before the displacement shrunk and compression increased. Of course, that's assuming that the increase in compression came from the heads, which might be totally wrong, because the 2000's got revised pistons. :ponder:

If my engine ever went, I would build another hybrid just shave the heads a little to raise the CR a tad.

See if i'm really stuck on what to go with.

hybrid with 2.5L heads...but unless you send them to kinger for a 3L valve upgrade...your not reaching the potential of what a shaved 3L can do :shrug:

Nobody i know has shaved a 3L head to increase compression.

hybrid with 2.5L heads...but unless you send them to kinger for a 3L valve upgrade...your not reaching the potential of what a shaved 3L can do

As you know, I made 210/206 with stock SVT heads, and an 11.2 AFR tune. Pretty decent if you ask me for not having PnP'd heads. :shrug: I honestly wouldn't bother with the additional cost at that rate.

See if i'm really stuck on what to go with.

hybrid with 2.5L heads...but unless you send them to kinger for a 3L valve upgrade...your not reaching the potential of what a shaved 3L can do :shrug:

Nobody i know has shaved a 3L head to increase compression.
My heads were done by him. I got the receipt in my book for $875 I think it was with 3L valves and the 3 angle grind.

BBOX on NECO had a set that you could ahve picked up for like $300 last year. I was all ready to get them till I found out that I'd be getting rid of my car.

For sure, awesome deal on those too. I was tempted just to get them to build another engine.

You're starting to sound like me hahaha. But if your engine blows I will be sure to capitalize on you being angry and buy your car before you can change your mind :laugh:.

Aaron

why is it again that we havent figured out how to use the jag heads again? I forget, wasn't it just the water pump like the 98 heads?

and another thing, if you keep the RFF set up, why in the world hasn't somebody made higher ratio roller-followers for them? seems like machining a new aluminum arm and putting stock rollers into them would actually be easier than developing new cams, might be wrong, IDK much about machining.

just some ideas I dont seem to hear about.

mazda 6 and ford escape are the same manifold.

apparently that is the best of the plastic manifolds. i am still running an 05 taurus manifold, but i'm not sure they are really a difference at all

Well i was looking at an 04 Mazda Speed intake manifold and it doesnt seem to have the EGR port.
Do i just plug mine and tune it out...?

Edit: Im running and 04 Taurus manifold currently

Well i was looking at an 04 Mazda Speed intake manifold and it doesnt seem to have the EGR port.
Do i just plug mine and tune it out...?

Edit: Im running and 04 Taurus manifold currently

well i'm pretty sure a mazda speed intake manifold will not fit your car, since they are a 4 cylinder. :troutslap:

however a mazda6 intake is the same as an escape manifold, which looks like its more trouble than it's worth, but i'm gonna try it.

well i'm pretty sure a mazda speed intake manifold will not fit your car, since they are a 4 cylinder. :troutslap:

however a mazda6 intake is the same as an escape manifold, which looks like its more trouble than it's worth, but i'm gonna try it.

Tricker....

the Mazda6... Taurus and escape are not the same. The geometry of each intake plenum and runner lengths are different.

Especially since the Mazda6 intake is design for the vvt.

taurus is totally different, and i never said they are the same.

however, you are wrong.

05 escape, mazda6, and also the one used on the noble m400 are all the same intake manifold, exact same specs.

Back