• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

First pics of the 99 Green SVT

Give a ring up to Steve at Tousley Ford at 800-328-9552 for any Ford parts you may need. He can get you a great deal on the headlights, and I'd ask about the spoiler as well. The spoiler completes the look on these cars -- takes the plain jane element away. :cool:

i disagree, I think the spoiler looks like an afterthought, which it was. SVT didn't put a spoiler on the car to begin with because it actually took away from the top speed of the car. Not like that matters to us, but it was the reason they didn't put one on.

another wisconsin person!?!?! what the heck? I am the only one without a SVT too :nonono: Nice T-green!

I saw ur post on gaownersclub.com, my gf has a 95 SE so the name we go under is 95_SE, i know real original. Congrats on ur buy. i agree with the new headlights and spoiler. do you like it better than ur GAGT?

you wont be happy w/the results. maybe for about a week. i've done more sets of headlights than i care to remember. they'll all eventually fade over again.

As will any plastic Ford headlight you put on it. A lot of people sand them down and then polish them when they polish the car with no problems.

As will any plastic Ford headlight you put on it. A lot of people sand them down and then polish them when they polish the car with no problems.

With no problems for a few months anyways. But, as he said, they fade again. New headlights + headlight covers is the REAL way to go.

With no problems for a few months anyways. But, as he said, they fade again. New headlights + headlight covers is the REAL way to go.

But why spend the money on new lights that will just need to be polished or replaced later? I've done several sets of headlights with my mothers powerball and plastic polish and they've stayed clear for over a year. What covers are you talking about though?

do you like it better than ur GAGT?

Definitely... way better. More power, smoother ride (although the GAGT was lowered so that kinda trunks that) and overall much better quality.

As far as the headlights go I know that they really have to be taken care of because basically by sanding and buffing the UV protectant is completely gone so taht have to be waxed/polished atleast every month. Which will be fine since I was my car every week and wax a lot and will be clay baring shortly.

So, today I was out driving and downshifting from 4-3 grinded(ground)-whichever is proper - twice. So, i had planned on draining the tranny fluid and putting in the royal purple and see if that helps out any. Probly the synchros starting to go, but oh well... good excuse for a spec clutch and lightweight flyweel when it goes.

royal purple is awesome, i love it in mine. i had the same problem w/ my transmission before i BLEW IT lol. hopefully that doesnt happen to you though.

But why spend the money on new lights that will just need to be polished or replaced later? I've done several sets of headlights with my mothers powerball and plastic polish and they've stayed clear for over a year. What covers are you talking about though?

Headlight covers...I have a set of GTS for my pre98 (as soon as I clean 'em up :laugh:)

Here's a set of smoked ones on e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vent...013QQitemZ230251574146QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

seriously, buy new headlights from the dealer. 180$ for both of them. I couldn't be more happier.

n30315915_33340492_3217.jpg

mine were wetsanded...

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v191/17/53/30315915/n30315915_33340492_3217.jpg

mine were wetsanded...

Post a picture 1 year later and see if they still look like that without any special care.

I've done plenty of wetsanding and polishing but they just don't last and never come out like brand new.

I was hoping those werent what you meant. I've never seen a set that actually looked like they belonged on the car and that includes the set I sometimes put on my white/black mazda.

I would have to agree... I have never really been a big fan of headlight covers. They usually look out of place and akward.

Back