• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Operation Iron Man

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Well while I'm working on fixing up the car for CarCraft Summer Nationals I decided to finally finish off some powder coating in the engine bay... no where near finished but here's the finished intake manifold....

chromedbase.jpg

goldbase.jpg

goldfinish.jpg

The valve covers will be candy red, which matches T-red pretty well. Not sure how it's going to look with my blue samco hoses and taylor wires... but I'll deal with that later.

Looks real nice. Way to copy me on the Focus svt badge on the UIM....

J/k,...... but really you did, didn't you?:laugh:

Dude... I've had that badge on my car since... 2005?? Where have you been :shrug: When I replaced the SVT 2.5L when I first bought the car the new engine didn't have the typical badge on it. So I searched ebay and saw the Focus SVT badge, which I liked better. So I went to Tousley Ford and bought a brand new one from Steve. Are you sure you didn't copy me?? :laugh:

Looks great Mike! :cool:

Thanks! Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have the valve covers done with the candy red. The bead blasting is what is holding me up.

Dude... I've had that badge on my car since... 2005?? Where have you been :shrug: When I replaced the SVT 2.5L when I first bought the car the new engine didn't have the typical badge on it. So I searched ebay and saw the Focus SVT badge, which I liked better. So I went to Tousley Ford and bought a brand new one from Steve. Are you sure you didn't copy me?? :laugh:

I suppose I did UNKNOWINGLY copy you.:cool:

I can't wait to see it installed. The candy red with that gold is going to be HOT!

Nice work Tony Stark.

Why thank you... anything to get the babes. :laugh:

tony-stark-babes.jpg

Well I pulled the front valve cover and it's completely prep'd for powder. Thing was a bear to clean. Had tons of grease on the ends. I think I'm going to have to get new plug well gaskets on top of the normal gasket I already had from Ford. The old ones don't look reusable. I think I'm just going to do one valve cover at a time. Which sucks because I'll have to clean the gun out a few times over before I'm all done.

Get on it already we dont have all day here!

Ugh... I just now finally got to sit down for the first time today and relax... so now just to please the CEG community I'm going to go run my dogs for their walk and get at a minimum the front valve cover coated tonight... stay tuned for pictures late tonight...

Ugh... I just now finally got to sit down for the first time today and relax... so now just to please the CEG community I'm going to go run my dogs for their walk and get at a minimum the front valve cover coated tonight... stay tuned for pictures late tonight...
i'll be up waiting :laugh:

what is your mailing addy and paypal. gimme a total with return shipping so i can send you the extra set of cam covers i have sitting here lol! but no really. I might even be able to blast them for you b4 i send them too:cool:

what is your mailing addy and paypal. gimme a total with return shipping so i can send you the extra set of cam covers i have sitting here lol! but no really. I might even be able to blast them for you b4 i send them too:cool:

Haha. Well I don't know I wasn't really planning on doing this as a side job. That's more of Joe's thing (Blu Fuz). He's the one that told me the Eastwood translucent red powder with a couple of coats over chrome matches T-red pretty good, which you can see in the pictures. In any case I shot you a PM. If it's something I already have in my garage I might be able to help you out as I'm looking to exhaust what I don't need here, but if you want something other then what I got your probably better of going to Joe as I'm sure he has the stash.

Back