• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Operation Iron Man

Haha. Well I don't know I wasn't really planning on doing this as a side job. That's more of Joe's thing (Blu Fuz). He's the one that told me the Eastwood translucent red powder with a couple of coats over chrome matches T-red pretty good, which you can see in the pictures.
im just giving you ???? unless you wanna do a set lol. i'll send my baer kit to you to match up with yours as well lol:laugh: im going to have your car copied b4 too long.

So my gaskets all came today. The front cover should make it on tomorrow with pics to follow... Stay tuned :crazy:

Alright so I had some technical difficulties with my cell phone, where I had the pics, but finally here are some shots of the front valve cover and a shot of the intake as it sits now... I'm redoing it as I wasn't happy with the look of the gold it was to dark and it didn't flow well with the blue Samco Sport hoses and Taylor plug wires. I think I'll be going with chrome now. :shrug:

Pics are kinda crappy and the valve cover has dust on it, but you get the idea.

valvecoverside.jpg

valvecoverfront.jpg

Note to self... powder coat something you way you want it the first time... removing this stuff is not an easy task. A gallon of some mean paint stripper, a few hours with some soapy water, an half hour drying in the oven, and back in the blast cabinet to get it clean... royal PITA!

intakeblasted.jpg

I didn't know you had blue hoses and such. Makes me wonder what a blue that matches the hoses would've looked like. Kind of like the classic Ford motor blue or maybe that would be too much.

You should switch your hoses and plug wires to yellow so you can rock out like Ronald McDonald. :laugh:

See trey, just like me in the dragon thread. You get all excited and just hit reply before you actually read. Then some douche calls you out.:laugh:

I hope you get the finish you want. The iron man idea had me all warm inside. Youll probably do something better. Ive always loved #49.:drool:

Read he said Chrome.

Hey now he said I THINK i'll go with chrome now it isnt definite lol

See trey, just like me in the dragon thread. You get all excited and just hit reply before you actually read. Then some douche calls you out.:laugh:

I hope you get the finish you want. The iron man idea had me all warm inside. Youll probably do something better. Ive always loved #49.:drool:

LMAO open mouth insert foot huh:blackeye:

Well just an update I've got everything blasted off... rear valve cover, IMRC cover plate and the intake is clean and taped waiting for powder.

Probably won't get it powdered today though (my wife and I are celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary)

Look for pics sometime Sunday afternoon. Also I've got this entire week off of work so I'm planning on finishing up all the little projects I've had sitting around. Which includes projectors (yea I know about damn time right).

operation.... "just finish it already?"

hahahahaahahahh

sorry

Perfection is an art and it takes time, but with that said... (its not bolted down though, still thinking about whether I want to leave it chrome and it is clear coated BTW)

intakeoverview.jpg

intakefrontview.jpg

intakerighthand.jpg

intakeendview.jpg

Back