• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 CEG Calendars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed January is also a little distorted, but nothing to be upset about or keep one from ordering a calendar. I still think you guys did a great job!! I got mine today and both had no issues and other than a *little* fuzziness on the January shot, the calendar is great!!!:cool:

Aside from January and a white border around some, They are pretty good. I really think that cafepress' quality has gone down since last year. The distortion in the printing and the cropping. My calendar pages (below) have bleed from printing the picture all on one sheet then slicing them. I will look into other printing places for next year.

Aside from January and a white border around some, They are pretty good. I really think that cafepress' quality has gone down since last year. The distortion in the printing and the cropping. My calendar pages (below) have bleed from printing the picture all on one sheet then slicing them. I will look into other printing places for next year.

ya i think everything else is pretty good, and its not like january is terrible either...its just sub par from the actual photo

I didn't think the pics came out bad at all.
I was never a fan of the January pic, so I'm surprised that one ever made it to the final 12, but whatever. It still came out reasonable on the calendar.
I think the calendars are definitely worth the money. We're glad we bought 2.

Neither of ours had any printing defects, for the record.

I didn't think the pics came out bad at all.
I was never a fan of the January pic, so I'm surprised that one ever made it to the final 12, but whatever. It still came out reasonable on the calendar.
I think the calendars are definitely worth the money. We're glad we bought 2.

Neither of ours had any printing defects, for the record.

your also glad mikes car made it in there too!!

is this the first time 2 cars in one pic were selected for the calendar??

How many calendars get sold?? I found this place that will print for a good price, but I think somebody would have to come up with some cabbage up front.

http://www.psprint.com/printing_pro...=A001&bid=D015&cc=google25&refid=86447&caid=1

For the minimum order of 250 in 8-1/2 by 11, the per calenar cost is under $9. You could still sell them for $18 each, then use some as door prizes for SZ, and sell the remainder for $10 at SZ, give any excess $ to support CEG or sup'm after SZ.

not worth it, IMO.
NECO went the prepurchased 250 calendars route a couple times, and they were always stuck with a bunch of them in the end.

Just got my calendar, no flaws detected. Although some people say the January print is fuzzy, I noticed the sand/gravel in the foreground is very "granular". I think this was the focus of the pic which would make the view of the car seem distorted, or fuzzy. Still a calendar worthy picture in my opinion.
Again, Congrats to all.

now i kinda don't want to order one.. :ponder:

It's mostly nitpicking, but understandably so. Print quality compared to the original digital photo is a little off, but the rest are a-ok for me.

Don't let it deter you if you've wanted one.

Just thought I would ask that for next 2008 calender, I would love to be picked to edit it. (ex. member name font, front cover, etc.) In my opinion the front cover for 2007 was not as good as 2006. Sorry, just my opinion.

Just thought I would ask that for next 2008 calender, I would love to be picked to edit it. (ex. member name font, front cover, etc.) In my opinion the front cover for 2007 was not as good as 2006. Sorry, just my opinion.

We had alot less time to get the calendars made this year. Also, it was during finals week for me when they were to be released. So I'm sorry that you were dissapointed with the cover. Some people like it. Not everyone will be pleased with everything. I didn't like the 2006 calendar design with having the script letters half off the pictures. I'm not saying it was a bad calendar, the text still looked good, it just wouldn't have been my pick.

Next year, I would like picture submissions to begin at the beginning of October so that the calendars can be released by Dec. 1st. But thats a ways off.

Anyways, we have had 34 people order a total of 43 calendars!

you know i like this years cover better than last years...but when Trek posted this cover, i was really taken by it...because it has every aspect of their organization...group name, website, ford emblem and an example of the cars they are all about

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=475&d=1166297787

i think something like this should try to be achieved, but then again this is only my 2 cents...i think there should be like a calender sticky that everyone can just post up ideas, try to get more people involved...so far there has been 43 calenders ordered...and there are 1100 active members and only 43 calenders?!?! if 1100 people are at least passionate about this site to register i would think there would have been more bought...so maybe more people get involved we could have a better number of calenders purchased...and i realize that with 1100 members you cant make everyone happy...either way i think its a great project and if i can help more in anyway throughout the year or whatever, let me know

you know i like this years cover better than last years...but when Trek posted this cover, i was really taken by it...because it has every aspect of their organization...group name, website, ford emblem and an example of the cars they are all about

And i'm confused what part of this we don't have... :confused: We can't put a ford emblem because then we'd have to put a mercury emblem too. And i tried that and it looked too busy. But other than that, we have group name, and example cars (one SVT in each of the colors that they were made). As far as the site name, yeah it could've been on there but the only people ordering this would have had to find it through the site so I would hope that they would know the url.:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back