• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

When in Chicago, go here!!!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
img1242220856069.jpg

Located at 3800 N. Pulaski in the city of Chicago Smoque is AWESOME:drool: I've been there 4 times in the past year and half and I live in Detroit! I've had everything on the menu, including their latest creation, Texas sausage:drool:
img1242220855497.jpg

The sides are equally amazing, I got the cornbread and mac-n-cheese (its crusty on the top and very creamy) and this place introduced me to coleslaw I like because its got no mayo in it, its unbelievable! Also in the pic is peach cobbler for desert, are you kidding me:laugh: Finally they serve Coke, perfect! If you've gone there chime in and if your looking to go there chime in too, I can't talk enough about this place and if it isn't as awesome I said it is I'll refund your money:shrug:

BTW I saw this place on the food network on "Diners, drive-ins and dives" and haven't looked back since...just forward, forward to going there again which I will in about 3 weeks!

I have to agree. This is the best BBQ here in the Windy City. My brother does not like BBQ at all and loves this place.

Has anyone else here been out there:shrug: If you live in the Chicagoland area I order you to make the trip down there and give us a report...you can thank me later:cool:

Aight, i sucked for not showing up at SZ even though i paid for the registration.

So, if we do a chicago meet sometime this summer, aside hooters, i wouldn't mind going to this joint and trying it out.

Any takers? :cool:

Aight, i sucked for not showing up at SZ even though i paid for the registration.

So, if we do a chicago meet sometime this summer, aside hooters, i wouldn't mind going to this joint and trying it out.

Any takers? :cool:

You'd have to get there when they open as the parking lot in the rear fills up fast and they wouldn't want us hanging out back there, so we'd have to find somewhere to park.

Go there anyways and you can thank me later:cool:

I saw that place on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives also. Definitely looks good. If we have a meet there I will need to come up too. Of course I will have to wear my St Louis Cardinals hat and 2006 World Series Champion t-shirt if it is that close to Wrigleyville..... can't risk getting Cubbie cooties on me... :laugh:

I saw that place on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives also. Definitely looks good. If we have a meet there I will need to come up too. Of course I will have to wear my St Louis Cardinals hat and 2006 World Series Champion t-shirt if it is that close to Wrigleyville..... can't risk getting Cubbie cooties on me... :laugh:
:mad::laugh:

So, i kept my promise to go and g/f and I made it there tonight, very very easy to get to from the I-90. I got there, found parking in less than a minute, stood in line for about 10 minutes, but the smell and great food made it worth it.

Ribs were phenomenal and service is outstanding, great great flavors and very original and delicious.

Thanks for the heads up on this place and yes, it is meet worthy so long we don't exactly drive up all of us in each car as it is city parking = not convenient. :cool:

* they don't have alcohol but it is a BYOB place, thumbs up!

So, i kept my promise to go and g/f and I made it there tonight, very very easy to get to from the I-90. I got there, found parking in less than a minute, stood in line for about 10 minutes, but the smell and great food made it worth it.

Ribs were phenomenal and service is outstanding, great great flavors and very original and delicious.

Thanks for the heads up on this place and yes, it is meet worthy so long we don't exactly drive up all of us in each car as it is city parking = not convenient. :cool:

* they don't have alcohol but it is a BYOB place, thumbs up!

The parking isn't the most convienant unless your lucky to get there when somone is leaving or they're about to open. We usually go around the block and park on the street that runs along the little service drive, no problem ever. Now you said it about the smell and I feel sorry for the people eating right by the door because everyone is starring at their food:laugh:

Ribs anyone?!

Ribs anyone?!

I should've used the flash on cell's camera, but you get the point. This is trip #5 to Smoque in about a year and half. We tried to go to Kuma's Korner which is about 2 miles from Smoque, but it was an hour and 45 minute wait, so we headed over to Smoque where there was about 20 people out the door infront of us...we waited, ofcoarse!
img1244397894907.jpg

Back