• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A CSVT on passtime on Speed channel?

Rice box? Are you one of those ignorant people that calls any import a ricer?

I'm sorry, but the Evo is the DEFINITION of ricer.

Yup, a car that actually performs and is supported! How about you stfu as well, I wish I could own a bunch of contours and a g8 :rolleyes:

Hmmmm. I have a car that performs and is supported. Is that ricey? :shrug:

Of course he is, typical douche bag

I'm just going to laugh, seeing who it's coming from. :laugh:

damnit, you're right. what was I thinking buying this damn car! you're truly an idiot

Why are you on the Contour board again, seeing as you hate Contours? I'm sure there are plenty of DB's like yourself to argue with on the Evo boards.

I'm sorry, but the Evo is the DEFINITION of ricer.

Hmmmm. I have a car that performs and is supported. Is that ricey? :shrug:

Explain? How is it the definition of ricer? Isn't a ricer a poser with a slow car and a body kit?

Also, what do you mean my supported? Evo's are supported by a brand that still exists. :shrug: g8's and evos are both nice cars, but I don't see how you can bash the evo...

Explain? How is it the definition of ricer? Isn't a ricer a poser with a slow car and a body kit?

Also, what do you mean my supported? Evo's are supported by a brand that still exists. :shrug: g8's and evos are both nice cars, but I don't see how you can bash the evo...

Gee thanks. :rolleyes: When I bought the damn car, Mr. Obamaminator hadn't told GM to kill Pontiac yet. And ANY GM car or truck with a GEN-IV V8 is supported in the aftermarket. Supported means that places make parts for your car. While my G8 probably won't see a whole lot of US supplied support now, the car lives on in Australia and around the world, and there will be parts available.

Furthermore, I don't really plan on modding my G8, so what does it matter? If by the time I'm done with it I've added ram air, headers, an axle back, and a tune, then I've done too much. Not to mention I've already done half of that. This is my DD. I have something with ~500 HP that weighs 2590 lb for real fun (or at least I will in September).

As far as bashing goes, I can bash any damn thing I want. I can bash a damn Bugatti Veyron, because I think it's ugly as ???? and way over-hyped.

Nope, this crap doesnt happen on the evo forums. I have to go somewhere for entertainment.

You mean....you don't get the attention you want from them?...so you come over here creating drama to get it? :laugh:

I'm sorry but evo's to me look like rice :shrug: But thats my opinion...just like how i like t-red csvt's over every other color. :cool:
I would take a ????ing g8 over a evo any day of the week!!

For the record ray's car would eat a stock evo like it was standing still. Don't act too stuck up rawburt. Because honestly.... you make the car...the car doesn't make you. So your attitude displayed here is what sets the look for evo drivers.
One bad apple.....yea you get the idea.

Really??? Because a bone stock ass evo will run a low 13, thats the same times the most heavily modded contours run on this site. And just incase you didnt read the thread, ryan ran a 15 sec pass with 320/350 lol

It's kinda ????ty to compare this...and your talking out of your ass....demonsvt walked a 13.4 with his 3L....and to be honest....that is without a turbo...so it comes down to driver error...and well ryan's 2nd time at the track doesn't speak much for his run. So don't base your argument off somebody's OBVIOUS attempt to drive a fast car... it's really just retarded.

To be honest...have you seen some of the runs down by evo owners on the internet....16's 1/4mile...see...no reason for me to even compare there is always a non skilled driver hitting the streets with a fast car.

i'm not exactly sure why this thread took this turn:ponder:... actually, on second thoughts, i figured it would at some point:laugh:. a few inaccuracies in the last couple pages here.

firstly, RICE= Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement. any car can fit the profile. domestic or import. fast or slow.
secondly, a 13.4 contour like harry brought out, will beat a stock evo.
and lastly, a turbo 3L might get to the 1/4 slower than an evo or sti or whatever. but i know this much cos i own one and i've driven all 3... the tour's a WHOOOLE LOT more fun getting there:).
Anyways, can't wait to see this episode.

For the record ray's car would eat a stock evo like it was standing still.

Again, a stock evo runs low 13s from the factory. Comparing that to the two fastest 1/4 mile times from a contour, we are looking at 13.2 and 13.4. I am talking about real drag racing, not beep beep beep lets go. I dont hate contours, dont forget I used to own a turbo csvt. but saying a purpose built car is rice is a bit ridiculous. Unlike the contour the evo is not limited, you'll see them at the drag strip, road courses, rally events, ect... It is what it is

Again, a stock evo runs low 13s from the factory. Comparing that to the two fastest 1/4 mile times from a contour, we are looking at 13.2 and 13.4. I am talking about real drag racing, not beep beep beep lets go. I dont hate contours, dont forget I used to own a turbo csvt. but saying a purpose built car is rice is a bit ridiculous. Unlike the contour the evo is not limited, you'll see them at the drag strip, road courses, rally events, ect... It is what it is
No...not a purpose built car is rice...i just don't like how they look.i don't know how else to put it..:shrug:. That thing will smoke my car...which is pretty obvious...and since it's faster it would kill me at the track. So the cars capabilities far exceed the csvt's no doubt. But something about the way it looks...keeps me from liking it.:blackeye:

Fair enough, its fine to not like the looks of a certain car. But when you start calling it rice just because you dont like the looks, thats a little over the line. Believe it or not, that big ole wing on the back of them serve a purpose. There was extensive wind tunnel testing done, and theres still vendors doing so. I could careless though, I took mine off, it cleaned up the look alot!

The big wing you speak of is what brings people to the "rice" comment. They look leaps and bounds better without the racer boy wing.

I think any car can look good with the proper stance, wheels and cosmetics. i hate when people buy a ton of parts but dont know how to install them correctly, or have enough money for someone else to do it. my favorite mod is the unpainted body kit :nonono:

i think that everyone here knows that an evo is faster than csvt.... who gives a **** there is always gonna be a car that is faster yours. when i say i have a cougar and/or contour to people, i always get the wtf look. but i dont care because drive what i love.

And thats my point, there is no need for bashing someone because they drive something they love. if someone is being cocky, let'em, that person just needs to grow up.

BTW RawBurt the evo looked great inthe last pic thread you had.

Really??? Because a bone stock ass evo will run a low 13, thats the same times the most heavily modded contours run on this site. And just incase you didnt read the thread, ryan ran a 15 sec pass with 320/350 lol

ya know maybe it would something to see...i know evos are very quick and i would never bash on them...but a 3l turbo in a contour sounds appetizing to me.

I think any car can look good with the proper stance, wheels and cosmetics. i hate when people buy a ton of parts but dont know how to install them correctly, or have enough money for someone else to do it. my favorite mod is the unpainted body kit :nonono:

i think that everyone here knows that an evo is faster than csvt.... who gives a **** there is always gonna be a car that is faster yours. when i say i have a cougar and/or contour to people, i always get the wtf look. but i dont care because drive what i love.

And thats my point, there is no need for bashing someone because they drive something they love. if someone is being cocky, let'em, that person just needs to grow up.

BTW RawBurt the evo looked great inthe last pic thread you had.

I like you already :cool:

Back