• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A CSVT on passtime on Speed channel?

front wheel drive in general is very tough for drag racing, and the contour seems especially poor for it with all the wheel hop issues.

Yes but I never had wheel hop. I had wheel hop that time on the show cause the axle was hyperextended, if it wasnt I wouldnt have hopped. In my runs prior to the show I never hopped once, just spun like crazy.

people don't really understand how hard it is to drive a turbocharged car (that isnt AWD) at the dragstrip on street tires. Its not as simple as controlling spinning off the line like with a NA setup. When i ran the mustang on street tires i had the same issues, spinning off the line, then again under boost in each gear.

When the car was NA, I ran a 12.77 @ 106, probably around 280 hp/ 300 trq to the wheels
when the car was turbo i ran a 12.86 @ 120, with 410 hp and 475 trq.

its not easy! i understand ryan!

Those are great times, what was your N/A setup?

Those are great times, what was your N/A setup?

fresh 302, stock crank/rods, forged pistons, motorsport B303 cam, 1.7 roller rockers. afr 165 heads, cobra intake manifold, 3.73 gears w/eaton posi. tremec 3550, plus all the normal bolt ons (headers, x-pipe, cat back, pulleys, etc). oh and lots of weight reduction.

I had wheel hop that time on the show cause the axle was hyperextended

I don't understand what that has to do with anything. Once you get the bolt back on the end of the axle, the axle goes back to the proper length. The outer joint doesn't move, and the inner joint is made to extend and contract.

Unless I'm completely missing the point...

I'm still trying to make out the comments they were saying when he was making the pass. Car looked good though.

Our son took us to a new (to us) restaurant tonight called TULLY'sgoodtime. and this was playing on a couple of the dozens of TVs they have:cool:.When we left a Tred post 98 SE was in the parking lot,spooky:rolleyes:

Back