• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contours - Replacement!!!!!!

To the OP, you own the cars that i like to own next after my CSVT or heck, better yet, during the CSVT ownership.

Very nice, come to a local meet to see your cobras, very nice, very nice.

Did someone speak of an SVO ????

LOL here is my 1985 1C SVO:
DSC01117.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

And my DD Fach 1:
DSC01017.jpg

99CVST; your SVO looks GOOD! I like the style.

I'm as well a huge fan of the 84-86 SVO's & almost bought one years ago when I had my foxs.

They are rare, hard 2 find and $$$ for a true "survivor stock/original". I'd love to find an 86 with low miles.

Sorry 4 goin a little off post but really like the your SVOCVST.

Did someone speak of an SVO ????

LOL here is my 1985 1C SVO:
DSC01117.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

And my DD Fach 1:
DSC01017.jpg

Very nice cars and I especially like the SVO... looks like someone's not playing around with it mod wise ;)

I see the Esslinger valve cover, do you have an aluminum head on there or is it still an iron D-port? I used to tinker with them back several years ago (up until 03) and know a thing or two about the cars :eek: My 86 with a completely stock motor (gutted upper, ported lower, stock head/cam) and a 60 trim hybrid and some other bolt-on's made 315/320 at 21 psi on race gas. It was a lot of fun that's for sure :laugh: The biggest thing I can see hold yours back power-wise is the vane meter... at least that was a big restriction when I was into those cars. The "hot wire" mass conversion had just started coming about and the easiest way to make more power with no restriction was to go to a stand alone.

Nice cars again... makes me miss mine for sure :cry:

Shannon

Wish it still had the SVT lift gate/ wing. GT wing looks wack on anything but a GT with the skirting.

Back