• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

20% Tint pic request

IMGP0068.jpg
whoa never saw anyone else with those wheels. i really want those now they look good in silver :laugh:

5 back 35 front. the 5 back makes the front look darker on some angles.

100_0404.jpg

Than it can look light at other times

100_0268.jpg

Speaking of tint has anyone done the windshield? I looked at the 3M Crystalline tint that comes in shades you cant even see but still blocks more heat and glare than a colored tint.

Speaking of tint has anyone done the windshield? I looked at the 3M Crystalline tint that comes in shades you cant even see but still blocks more heat and glare than a colored tint.

Might be something to look into in Texas. I've got to go all out on the G8. Black leather + no sunroof for a vent = HOT.

Might be something to look into in Texas. I've got to go all out on the G8. Black leather + no sunroof for a vent = HOT.

Well I'm sure I could get a prescription written for a regular tint but the 3M stuff is virtually clear while blocking more heat than a normal tint. Of course it might technically need a prescription as well.

Mark said that this was 15%, but the receipt in the book says 20%. :shrug:

It is 15%. Where is that receipt from, Rob? The tint was the first thing I had done back in 2000, so my memory is a little foggy, but I remember them saying that since 15% wasn't legal, they would put a higher percentage to cover themselves from any trouble.

Mark

It is 15%. Where is that receipt from, Rob? The tint was the first thing I had done back in 2000, so my memory is a little foggy, but I remember them saying that since 15% wasn't legal, they would put a higher percentage to cover themselves from any trouble.
20% isn't legal either. unless you're in new mexico :shrug:

20% isn't legal either. unless you're in new mexico :shrug:

I know, that's why I asked where the receipt is from. I thought they put down the legal limit of 35%, but I could be wrong. There was one other owner between myself and Robert, so I don't know if they changed the tint. Putting down 20% wouldn't have helped the company too much. :crazy:

Mark

Mark

I don't recall the company, but the receipt was in the folder of receipts that came with the car. Unfortunately, all of that stuff is in a binder in the map pocket on the back of the drivers seat of the car in storage down in TX. It is pretty dark though. It took some getting used to when driving it at night originally, because all of my previous cars have had ~35% tint. I'm pretty sure that the tint wasn't changed, because it is starting to show its age and turn slightly purple, and I wouldn't think that it would do that within two years.

No. As I said, I believe they are TZ-10 or something like that. Look in the wheel pics thread.

K, i'll check it out
This may be good news for me cause superleggeras are discontinued anyway right?

If they are TZ-10 maybe they will be eaisier to find.:shrug:

Whoops, my bad.:eek: I don't know where I got the idea that they were superleggaras. Your were right.
This is good news for me if I ever get an SVT because I found that TZ-10's are still for sale.

Back