• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

V6 engine

Fordwerke

CEG'er
Does anyone know where the V6 engine in the Contours/Mystiques was made? In Cologne, Ford's "Motorenwerk" was producing the V6 for the Ranger and the Mustang (according to Wiki) -- so I'm wondering if the engine in my car is from my hometown too?

Yeah, that's been all over the local news. Sounds like it should bring in a decent amount of new jobs too.

thats awsome, seems like Fords doing it right finally. GM is near going under and closed it performance division and fords re-opening plants. Hopefully the new taurus is a stellar sucess, alot rides on it.

And now they've announced an all electric Focus though I'm not sure if they're gonna handle construction or just supply the platform.

And now they've announced an all electric Focus though I'm not sure if they're gonna handle construction or just supply the platform.

thats cool but all electric cars just dont do it for me. I take long road trips frequently, I live in the country and the 200ish mile ranges with 10-16 hour charging time just wouldnt work for me.

i was under the impression that the chevy volt was a no-go. i heard more advertisements for it on the radio today. but if ford made an electric focus, it wouldn't hit the streets for a few years. ford hasn't really ventured into this area yet and it would take a LOT of testing to get it right. i doubt we'll see it.

Ford Electric Focus -- Development.

Ford Electric Focus -- Development.

The testing and development has already been done by a Canadian company, Magna International. They can do the complete build for Ford, or any portion.

Back