• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Speed Industry has a dyno day this Saturday (2-21-09)

I put down 150 hp and 173 ft/lbs of torque and like everyone says about this dyno its the "heartbreaker" but I'm not that pissed about it. With the drivetrain loss I still made stock hp #'s but the torque was up for sure. I guess the guys at Speed Industry said as much when they announced the dyno is 10-12% off, so if that is indeed true I'd be at 165/190 or just add 15% to the actual numbers for the drivetrain loss, either way, the torque of the little 1.6L is pretty impressive. I get the GIAC 93 octane tune added to my car today, so I need to get back up there and do it again to see what that does. Its said to be a 25 hp and 30 ft lb gain, we'll see!

Some formula of dividing your numbers by .86 has netted a number of 173/201 and this is from someone who's about the most educated person about cars that I know, so I guess that's a bit better:shrug: and this is not the crank numbers, but rather corrected dyno numbers.

Everyone I've spoken to about this says their dyno is waay off, but my buddy with the Saab 9-3 with BSR tune/cat-back/CAI put down 183/259...yes, TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE FOOT POUNDS OF TORQUE and that was @3250 and the hp number was @4500 due to the fact that the stupid slushbox kept downshifting itself. So if you factor the .86 for this car its putting down 212/301 and that's stunning....especially for a Saab!

its not incorrectly calibrated.

There are people that got Tuning Factory numbers that think they were high and mighty, but TF used a dynapack that often will skew dyno numbers. for example a 280whp subaru kicked the crap out of a "380whp" TF subaru.

Another EVo made 500whp at TF, but on SI's dyno it only made mid 300whp, and the owner would refuse to believe that the SI dyno was not broken.

Tony Simmons said:
DynoJet numbers are FAKE. The guy who came up with the formula the software uses even admitted it. On top of that, there is NO applied load!

When Payn first purchased the MD dyno (now Speed Industry) I ran my Integra Type R on the dyno. On the same day drove over to Walsh Motorsports (Wixom, NMRA mustang racer) and put the car on his dynojet..........IT MADE THE EXACT SAME NUMBERS! We did the same test with a 400WHP Mustang and it was within 4 WHP.

well the intergra person wasn't tony saying that.

but perhaps the SI dyno was clibrated differently when it was still Payn.

either way the SI dyno has been properly calibrated, and in the end i don't really care about numbers as long as the performance is on par since all dyno's read differently.

FWIW I'll be back there in the spring as there's to be another dyno day, so I'll get to see what my GIAC tune did, well, I should have it by then:rolleyes:

Back