• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local Classifieds.

WTB: One stock rear spring for a '98 v6

WTB: One stock rear spring for a '98 v6

I looking for one rear spring for a '98 V6 Mystique/Contour. Just noticed that mine is broken and need one to pass safety.
I am willing to take an entire strut or just the spring. Located in Cambridge and working in Brampton. Anyone between Toronto, Hamilton and London if has one for sale at a resonable price, please contact me.

Also lookingo for one front sway bar end link for the same car. Snapped mine durring the transmission intall.

FS SVT EO RIMS

FS SVT EO RIMS

I have a set of SVT EO rims for sale. They have never seen snow and in mint shape. They will need some rubber I have some but it will likely only be good for one season still. Looking for 300 or best offer.

Mark @ contourguy at hotmail dot com

Winter Tires

Winter Tires

Tires were bought in 2006, used last winter.
Gislavad 185/65/R15's mounted on Stock Steelies.
(Car was a 99 Contour)

Cost was $800 new.
He's asking $450 used.

IMG00240.jpg

IMG00239.jpg

IMG00237.jpg

1998 Contour for sale

1998 Contour for sale

Hey everyone,
My 1998 Contour is for sale.
Details:
- 2.0L 4-cylinder engine
- manual trans
- CTA intake
- fairly new sparkplug wires (less than a year old)
- fairly new valve cover gasket (less than a year old)
- fairly new battery (less than a year old)
- JVC cd/mp3 player
- Infinity 6x8 reference series speakers in the front doors
- wiring for amp and subwoofer is included, but can be taken out if asked (I've added in a separate switch beside the drivers seat to turn off the amp and sub when driver and/or passengers don't want to hear the sub)
- 260,000 kms
- still used as a daily driver
- oil pan needs to be replaced (I have the new oil pan, and gasket sealant)
- Check engine light is on (I think an oxygen sensor needs to be replaced)
- ABS no longer works (brakes still work of course)
- will be sold as is

asking $700 obo

Reason that I'm selling: I'm being given another car for free.

PM me or email me at sean dot riordon at gmail dot com

96 mystique for parts

96 mystique for parts

96 Mystique with 24 valve durateck 6cylinder automatic.
damaged rear driver side .
all other parts in good shape engine & transmission run great.
4 new 02 sensors
new roters & brake pads
power drivers seat.
4 - p205/60R15 90 S Michelin x-radial tires with approx. 90% tread.

car is in kitchener ont.
pm me for info.
Speersy

Might as well put it here also.

I have a spare Dell GX270 Pentium 4 HT 3.0 GHz. This computer was designed to heavy corporate use, it is capable of being faster, far superior and has the technology built in to accept the newer upgrades that the earlier models do not and can not. Bottom line, this system will not be old technology for years as compared to the earlier models!

The GX270's design has significant technological advancements over it's predecessors the GX150s,GX260s and GX240s. Starting with the awesome motherboard with the Intel 865G chipset that that will accept both Pentium 4 and Celeron processors up to 3.2GHz and bus speeds from 400MHz quad data rate, 533MHz, and even 800MHz compared to the earlier 400MHz maximum. Then you have a level 2 cache of up to 1Mb depending upon the system configuration compared to just a maximum of 256K. The GX270 will accept up to 4GB of DDR RAM; it utilizes the faster DDR 333 or 400Mhz memory.

This system is in fully working order, ready to plug in and go right out of the box.

Good esthetical condition, it only has minor scratch at the bottom of the unit(as it sits vertically).

Here are all the specs:

1.Dell GX270 Pentium 4 3.0 GHz with Hyper Threading Technology Desktop ready to plug in and go with new keyboard, nitelight mouse(lit scroll wheel). I’ll include a spare pair of speakers even though the internal speakers are just as good as any external speakers.

2.Low Profile Case;

3.Office Suite, PowerDVD 5, Nero Express Burning Software and Ad-aware;

4.XP Pro SP2 with up to date with the current updates (OS comes with proof of license on the unit);

5.Ultra Speed DVD Burner (Plays, Reads and Burns(records) CDs and DVDs at lightning fast speeds);

6.two open PCI slots;

7.Intel 82865G/GL/GE Integrated - 64MB Memory - (2048 x 1536 Max. Resolution);

8.one(1)GB of RAM memory( max RAM capacity 4 GB) – one open slot
integrated multimedia audio (with internal hi definition speakers you could use to play your music and movies);

9.Huge 300Gb 7200 RPM Hard Drive for all of your music and movies;

10.integrated 10\100\1000 Base-T Gigabit Network Ethernet (Cable-DSL internet ready); ready to work at extreme network speeds (1000 MB/s) where the network hardware permits;

11.one serial port, 1 parallel printer port, audio in mini jack, audio out mini jack, microphone mini jack and front headphone jack;

12.eight USB 2.0 ports;

13.one 8x AGP Slot

Good esthetical condition, it only has minor scuff at the bottom of the unit (as it sits vertically).

In summary:
- Dell GX270 Pentium 4 HT 3.0 GHz;
- Low profile case;
- 1 GB of RAM (4 GB Max);
- 300 GB HDD;
- Gigabit Network Card (10/100/1000);
- Integrated audio, video;
- Mouse, keyboard and speakers included;
- 8 USB ports;
- XP Pro SP2; Open Office Suite, Ad-ware, Power DVD 5, Nero;
- Ready to plug in and go right out of the box; use for school work, everyday computer work or simply for navigating the web;

Price: $ 400 obo cash and it's yours.
efac_20.JPG
efc4_20.JPG
efc7_20.JPG
efcc_20.JPG

I've got a brand new set of B+G's for the the 95-97 CSVT. Asking $150 OBO, make me a reasonable offer. I'd post these in the "For Sale" section but I don't have enough posts yet.

Last edited:
FS: 98 GL Sport V6/MTX and parts

FS: 98 GL Sport V6/MTX and parts

1998 GL Sport V6/MTX

I am selling here a really good car. I'm not selling it because it has too many problems, or because I want to replace it with a new car, but rather because I have moved overseas and cannot take it with me. This car has been my baby for the past 8 years and it really pains me to have to sell it. If anyone is looking for a reliable, well-maintained Contour then this car may be the one for you. Please read on for the details.

Main features
Duratec V6, manual transmission (hence 4-wheel disc brakes), black in colour. Approximately 180k on the odometer (I can get the exact reading if you want). It has the sports package, which means foglights, rear spoiler, tilt steering, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and power everything except for the driver's seat. I purchased this car second-hand at the end of '99 and I am the second owner.

Non-stock items (mods)
-Clarion CD headunit. It's one of the nicer ones with the metal faceplate.
-KKM intake
-Spiral-flow sport muffler (nice sound without being obnoxious - doesn't attract the cops)
-Audi A6 side marker lights - these were installed without having to do any drilling or filing of the body panels
-16" Cougar polished aluminum (chrome-look) wheels with Kuhmo Ecsta 225-width tires. The front tires are brand new (see below). Looks and handles great, and there is no rubbing!

Maintenance history
All oil changes after I bought it were done using Mobil 1 synthetic oil. I've done a couple of transmission fluid changes, most recently using ATF+3 for improved shifting. The battery was replaced 2 years ago, new front brake rotors and pads about a year ago. The spring recall was performed in March of '07 - the two front tires are brand new because of this (literally less than 200km on the pair). The front suspension control arms were replaced under extended warranty a few years ago due to worn bushings (common problem), so this car drives a lot better than your typical used Contour. Also has had the front wheel bearings replaced as well as the water pump and serpentine belt (now has a metal impeller, so you won't have to worry about that again). I should also mention that it's never had problems passing the emissions test.

Known problems
-AC no longer blows cold
-Rear parking brake is currently inoperative. The parking brake cables snapped a year ago from corrosion, and when my mechanic had a look he also found that the parking brake calipers were seized. I was quoted around $350 to replace the parking brake cables and calipers but I elected not to do the repair at the time. My mechanic disconnected the parking brake mechanism so that it wouldn't drag on the rear wheels. My driveway is sloped and I park it by leaving it in 1st gear - it hasn't gone anywhere. But I have a feeling you'll need to get this fixed in order to pass the certification test. And to clarify, it's just the parking brake that isn't working - the regular brakes are fine!

So there you have it. This is a great car that has many more years left. I really do regret having to sell it, especially with it running so well with all the new parts. If I could take it with me, I would. By the way, I should mention that the car is in Kitchener-Waterloo. If you'd like to see photos or have any questions, just send me a PM.

Price: $2500 (I think this is fair, but I am also open to reasonable offers)

In addition to the car, I also have the following goodies which I won't be needing any longer:

"Aussie" hollow rear sway bar. Those who have been here a while know what this is (those who don't, do a search on the forums). Due to the hollow construction it is lighter than the stock SVT bar yet at the same time even stiffer. Mine is *brand new*, never installed. In fact, it's still in the original shipping box. Also, mine is from the first batch that Stazi ever made, in case there have been design changes. $250
Note: I can't seem to find this at the moment, but if there's interest I'll dig around some more (I have an idea of where it might be hiding).

1999 SVT Spring/Struts, less than 6000 miles. Set of 4 springs and struts which came off of a fellow CEG member's car shortly after he purchased it new. If you'd like to verify the tag numbers on the struts, I can provide photos. $250

SVT front brake set - includes calipers, caliper brackets, rotors and pads. Easy way to convert your non-SVT to use the larger SVT front rotors. I'm not sure how much wear is left on the rotors and pads, but I'll include them anyways. I am pretty sure what I have is from an E1, which means the calipers should be the same as that used on the non-SVT Contours. So with these caliper brackets you can switch to using the larger SVT rotors without having to change your calipers/pads. I am also willing to separate the calipers. $250

SVT intake/airbox. Gives a modest performance boost and sounds a lot better over stock. Make an offer.

SVT motor mount with polyurethane inserts. Brand new, never installed. Make an offer.

Front door handles/power lock mechanisms. I pulled these out at the wreckers, not sure if they'd be of any use. Sorry, I don't have the keys. :) If I remember correctly, the door handles were red in colour. Make an offer.

Stock AM/FM/cassette. Free, but only after I sell the car.

Stock muffler. It's a perfectly good muffler but it was way too quiet for my tastes so it got replaced. :) Not sure if this is of use to anyone as they cut it pretty close to the muffler (there is only about 3/4" of pipe). Free.

Cloth seats from a 99 SE Sport. Includes driver and passenger front seats and rear bench. The rear seatback folds down and the fold-down release cables are also included, so if you own a car without fold-down rear seats, here is your chance to upgrade. The seats are grey in colour. Note: these actual belong to a friend but they've been sitting in my house for quite a while so I think he'd be willing to get rid of them. I need to get his ok to sell, but in the meantime if you're interested let me know and make an offer!

All prices are in Cdn $ and I think they are pretty reasonable, though it has been a few years since I got this stuff. If you think they're way off, then make me an offer. Note: this is *not* an invitation to low-ball. :)

Last edited:
For sale, best reasonable offer takes it...

Hate to get rid of it, but transmission went and can't afford to fix it and I have no where to store it.

98 Silver SE
200k+
Great parts car

message me for pic's and any other details

In Mississauga.

WTB: SVT foglights + bumper mesh

WTB: SVT foglights + bumper mesh

Looking for a set of SVT foglights and mesh for SVT front+rear (and possibly grille?) ...

Back