• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Progress Thread for the Cooler Zetec

Hmmm weight reduction. I'll hafta challenge wannabe to a race! I'll take out my subs and he'll stand no chance! :laugh:

yeah but doesnt he only weigh 75 lbs himself? thats an advantage for him. is the chicken wire heavier or lighter

I will beat you with only half the car you have.... :laugh: I wanted to get it running so I could drive the front half around with it scraping everywhere but it was a no-go.
newpics092.jpg

a front license plate bracket with no front license plate doesn't do too much for me...
I still need to get a front plate...:laugh: The car isn't quite what you would call "registered", yet. It is, as many would say, "un...registered". It will be registered on Thursday. Plus, nooone noticed except Ian, but my fog light hole mesh is gone.

Progress, very little lately, or at all. The windshield is fixed :shrug: This is just an intro post. The car will be changing alot very soon... In fact, intake on Friday, crank pulley on the 22nd, and suspension whenever I send the money for the BATs:laugh:

Oh, and I still need to pick up my sideskirts...

Sorry if I prefer function over form and find people pouring money into visually modding 18 second cars ridiculous.

Who cares what the power plant is? Aesthetic mods are cheaper and easier to work with. Not everyone is looking for a high performance vehicle. So long as it flows with the car, who cares?

There's nothing *wrong* with the Zetec. It's a sturdy engine, and is pretty capable in the right hands.

Back