• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ07 Gingerman thread!

Dude you have your lap doggie running his mouth for you. Kinda lame. I wish i could run at shawano then everyone would think im cool :)
:rolleyes: I'd run my mouth off about myself, but I don't drive the **** out of my car. I was still getting used to MTX this year. Last time I drove the **** out of a contour, I hit a curb at 40 and almost totalled it. :blackeye: BTW, I'm not his lap doggie. I'm running my mouth off for WGL, since I don't have much of anything to brag about for myself. :nonono:

LOL WGL doesn't have anything to brag about either :)

as stated earlier driving the **** out of your car doesn't make you fast.

You ain't done jack unless you've driven the wheels literally off the car! Considering I broke a hub at Gingerman, I'd say I qualify for this feat...

Rick

Hey guys, do we just pay that day, or do we need to send the $$ in earlier. On a side note, I will be registering tomorrow! :laugh: Kinda excited, my first spring zing. Ok, back to the trash-talking.

Wow, there will be more than 1 T-Green SVT at SZ this year! :shocked: Is this track really that hard on your car, or is it just how you drive? I want to run on the track because I love autocrossing and open track racing, but don't want to bring 50 million spare parts with me :ponder:

Wow, there will be more than 1 T-Green SVT at SZ this year! :shocked: Is this track really that hard on your car, or is it just how you drive? I want to run on the track because I love autocrossing and open track racing, but don't want to bring 50 million spare parts with me :ponder:

If you're planing on being at all hard on your car spare parts are always a good idea.

I always had a full se tof parts Kart racing back in the day, but never i never thought i'd have the issues i did, and we learned the hard way that planning ahead for potential part failures and bringing the items required to repair them is important.

On a long track brakes are typically going to be your biggest wear item. If you intend to drive the car at all hard i'd certainly suggest being prepared with tools and parts to swap brakes.

Those with more experience on this specific track can voice any additional part concerns.

You'll eat a front set of pads in no time on a track day. Do a pretty good job on them on an evening session at G-man. And please don't add AutoX to the need spare parts group. Lightest use of wear items compared to a road course. You hardly go fast enough.

I guess if you're Rick you can bring spare hubs. :D Never seen enyone have that kind of issue though.

Back