• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'm Pumped!

4 hours? wth are you doing? you can build and true a wheel in about 15 minutes.... well at least I can.... But then again I have built well over 100 wheels. And that's in the last month alone

4 hours? wth are you doing? you can build and true a wheel in about 15 minutes.... well at least I can.... But then again I have built well over 100 wheels. And that's in the last month alone

You're cleary a talented person!:shocked: This was the first time I had done it:blackeye:

*can you possiblt PM me some tips? That would be GREATLY appreciated:cool:

Wheels will be ready tommorow!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

The nipples will be black... That's what the stronger model nipple was; plus, Ian had me thinking that would look better anyway:cool:

I've been at a powder coating shop for a couple months now painting. I shot about 600lbs of powder in the last 4 days. Sadly I only see cool little things like bike parts/car frames come through a few times a week. A couple weeks ago I did the frame, dashboard and a bunch of parts for a 57 Chevy, 3-stage and wetsanding. It looked incredible. I did some Go-Kart frames that night too. Then I painted 350 lawnmower hoods... :( I think our oven is a bit bigger than the one at your shop, lol

I've been at a powder coating shop for a couple months now painting. I shot about 600lbs of powder in the last 4 days. Sadly I only see cool little things like bike parts/car frames come through a few times a week. A couple weeks ago I did the frame, dashboard and a bunch of parts for a 57 Chevy, 3-stage and wetsanding. It looked incredible. I did some Go-Kart frames that night too. Then I painted 350 lawnmower hoods... :( I think our oven is a bit bigger than the one at your shop, lol

That's a small one. We have a ~2000 cu foot one:crazy:

And we also have 7 others. Ever heard of a company called Anvil PowerStryke? That's us

Here's a story for ya...

I went to pick the wheels up yesterday, and was only to find out that the price was over 20 dollars more than I was told it would be. This wouldn't have been so bad if not only I had enough cash with me; but also if I hadn't asked the guys on more than one occasion to tell me if it would be more than anticipated. So there I was, having dragged my friend Kevin over 15 miles out of his way for no apparent reason; and it would have been just fine if they had told me on the numerous occasions that I called them in the THREE WEEKS that my wheels spent there. I'm still livid:nonono:

That's when you look for the guy with the "Manager" name tag.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

There's two guys that own the shop, and I've known them for a long time. Trust me, if this was a bigger shop, that's evactly what I'd do. I'm not even sure why this hapened:confused:

Alright, I have the bike all put together, and it looks :drool:

But one thing...

During assembly, I ran into a problem. The rear axle doesn't seem to be correctly centered. The tire rubs pretty bad on the left chainstay, and since my tires are so big (2.5" rear), it can't be by much. I have never had tire-rub in the rear, and I was wondering what may have caused it. If I just loosened up the hub on the opposite side of the axle and tightened it on the rubbing side, would this move the hub over on the axle, thus solving the problem?

Got pics... Anyone have an answer to my problem? I still haven't gotten around to taking a good look at it:cool:

101_0725.jpg

101_0726.jpg

101_0727.jpg

101_0728.jpg

101_0729.jpg

101_0730.jpg

Is it a constant rub or is it periodical? If it isn't constant, the wheel might not be true. Meaning that the spokes were not tightened down correctly. This can easily be fixed though by using a truing stand and tightening down the spokes that need to be tightened.

Is it a constant rub or is it periodical? If it isn't constant, the wheel might not be true. Meaning that the spokes were not tightened down correctly. This can easily be fixed though by using a truing stand and tightening down the spokes that need to be tightened.

Nah, I'd know if it was a bent/untrue rim. It's constant.

just loosen up the axle in the back. Push the wheel towards the other side, then re-tighten while holding it there. It should hold the wheel away from the chainstay.
Huh. For some reason, I was thinking it was my axle alignment.:confused:

I'll give that a shot...

How's the bike look?
EDIT: SHe works! Thanks

Back