• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New modification---- Throttle Body Spacer

Nice spacer, now you should swap that accordian tube. :laugh:

naw keeps the intake temps lower than the alum one. Plus it still sits at 59mm. So unless i go over to a 70mm tb then i don't need to worry about it :)

so what kind of spacer did you use?
1 inch alum piece. Got new 6mm screws and just cut out an aluminum plate to help support the other 2 brackets screws off the UIM.

i have the TB spacers and IM spacers on my klze in my probe, and it did make better response and kept the IM cooler to the touch.

project,your talking about phenolic/thermo "spacers",i.e gaskets. the oem duratec lim/uim/head gaskets do about the same thing.
harry is talking about a actuall tb spacer.

I hate to say it, but its all still speculation one way or the other until someone has an opportunity to do a back to back dyno with and without the spacer.

That said, it's always fun to have more shiny aluminum bits under the hood, lol.

naw keeps the intake temps lower than the alum one. Plus it still sits at 59mm. So unless i go over to a 70mm tb then i don't need to worry about it :)

1 inch alum piece. Got new 6mm screws and just cut out an aluminum plate to help support the other 2 brackets screws off the UIM.

where can i get one of these?

start off by reading the thread.

well yea i know what the outlaw spacers are called.
but a spacer does wonders on any car. I'm suprised it took this long for tour guys to figure that out....

well yea i know what the outlaw spacers are called.
but a spacer does wonders on any car. I'm suprised it took this long for tour guys to figure that out....

You know at WOT i notice nothing.

Daily driving i notice throttle response up to 4k rpms when i am cruisng around town.

So it's nothing great to write home about. But if your looking for better throttle repsonse driving around town then this will help a bit.

I find this all very interesting. One of my very first posts was about these specifically. Everyone said it was a total waste and would do nothing for power. No one cared about mileage 5 years ago. Hopefully we'll see a before and after dyno from someone.

Back