• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New modification---- Throttle Body Spacer

Harrry

Addicted CEG'er
Well i was actually interested in what burrita mentioned as the lack of plenum length on our cars. Here is the end result :)

328888608.jpg

328888655.jpg

328888718.jpg

328888850.jpg

As for power difference. I haven't really noticed much since i have only had it on for 1 day now and i have driven my car for about 3 miles. I did notice a bit of a throttle response at 2-3k .:shrug:

As for now, my svt has to go into the shop for some repair due to some un expected circumstances :rolleyes:. So i will be not driving it for the next couple of weeks.

Awsome Harrry, I have heard using spacers on most cars do help alot and you gain some hp. Who made that and is it aluminum, and gb maybe?

Nice job and im sure it does help some in the power dept and hopefully in MPG's also. If a mustang TB bolts up to our cars would a spacer made for a mustang bolt up also ?

Edit: Ok the SVT T/B is 60mm so a 65mm would need to be used with a mustang spacer and even at that might be overkill for a lightly modded 2.5.

^ Not really, they had one on Horsepower tv not long ago and a spacer for a newer mustang gained them 7whp on the dyno.

You should probably buy one of these to really pull the power out of her!
tornado.jpg

amusing to say the least. Yet most vehicles today actually have plenum length prior to entering the canals to the runners to the lim/heads.

On our cars there is very little initial plenum so i wanted to play with the idea of what it would do for power (15 dollars for everything):shrug:. Burrita mentioned that the plenum length could play a role but it was in relation to a FI application. This spacer is mated to a 65m tb.

Common sense would tell you that any length added to an intake would actually push the power band to the lower rpms. Only because the ambient air would have to be continuously flowing for a longer period inside the initial plenum prior to entering the side plenum's then the runners. Velocity was created sooner.

Kinda like the 5.0 or 4.6 mustang gt while having a tb sperate they added an extension plenum to it then it mounted to the IM.:cool:

Yeah i always thought spacers where a bunch of garbage too.
So is it garbage...Naw trying to insult me on ceg.....that is garbage. :rolleyes:

Hey Harrry if he was refering to the f/i applications, send me the spacer and I will try it out on my 3l turbo:laugh:

Hey Harrry if he was refering to the f/i applications, send me the spacer and I will try it out on my 3l turbo:laugh:

Honestly like i said i didn't feel much but i never really drove it enough. The reason why i installed this was for fun. I wasn't expecting anything out of this to tell you the truth. :shrug: So i got it to give it a try. if something was gained then kool, if not no big deal.

Plus nobody has ever done it :crazy:

So is it garbage...Naw trying to insult me on ceg.....that is garbage. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to insult you, or your mod I'm just saying i always thought it was useless.

I understand, where you are coming from about the plenum length but, since the way out intake manifold are designed (splits into a y after TB) i don't understand how it would help.

But then again, what do i know? :crazy:

i wouldn't say nobody's ever done it. andy,locogringo bought a tred svt taht had a red tb spacer on it. so its been done,just not dyno'd by anyone on ceg.

amusing to say the least. Yet most vehicles today actually have plenum length prior to entering the canals to the runners to the lim/heads.

On our cars there is very little initial plenum so i wanted to play with the idea of what it would do for power (15 dollars for everything):shrug:. Burrita mentioned that the plenum length could play a role but it was in relation to a FI application. This spacer is mated to a 65m tb.

Common sense would tell you that any length added to an intake would actually push the power band to the lower rpms. Only because the ambient air would have to be continuously flowing for a longer period inside the initial plenum prior to entering the side plenum's then the runners. Velocity was created sooner.

Kinda like the 5.0 or 4.6 mustang gt while having a tb sperate they added an extension plenum to it then it mounted to the IM.:cool:

So, maybe, it lowers your power band, is there any real added benefit to this on a contour?

Every engineer I talk to calls em crap...

Back