• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour

Jaybird

Veteran CEG'er
A friend of my wife stopped by the other day and she asked me if my car was a contour. Ive always pronounced it contour. Have I been saying it wrong? Ive thought WAY to much about this and I need to clear air here.

Also:

Is it koni (sounds like) "coony"

or,

koni (sounds like) "cone e"

or is it koni, like " Connie " my wifes crazy friend ?

Well, in the curve of a rounded object, you follow the Con-tours, the same as a topographic map. That's what me says!

I stress the second syllable, same as with the word insurance. If you say IN-sur-ance, or CON-tour you're a redneck. :p

^^ Agreed. ConTOUR actually sounds more redneck than CONtour. Every time I read it I think "kahn-TEW-WER" :shrug:

I would imagine by now, I've heard Koni pronounced cone-e probably at least a thousand times and not once any alternate method.

Contour? Never thought about it, but I guess I slightly emphasize the CON as someone mentioned before.

How about Prius? I hear it pronounced one way popularly (not that I care, it's just another asian clonemobile) but my way is much more fun. Pry-us-outta-the-way, which is what you have to do with the vast majority of the bloody things......

who in the hell says thaT?
It became a discussion when somebody posted about a guy with an SVT badge on his Ranger pulling up to the guy at a stoplight and talking about his "sveet" Contour. I recall at least one person (pimpalicious maybe??) saying he said it the same way.

Back