• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ebay is worth a look today (Black SVT)

damn that thing has less mileage than mine nice find

Damn thats mint, all it needs is some new headlights. Its almost as mint as beyondloaded's green one.

I would have to say, a real good detail job. The headlamps tell the real story. If the vehicle was rarely driven the lamps would not have faded that much. IMHO

I was wondering myself, although if the car was outside the lights would weather even if parked. It would need a Carfax for sure!

The question becomes then how long does it take for the headlights to fog over? This should be more of a matter of how old the car is and not how many miles are on it, no?
Karl

Yes, I believe so, just like paint on a house or signs fades. Regardless, a CEG'er should grab this car and get themselves a nice holday gift (I have no room!)

The headlights will fade quicker than the paint, and an everyday non car person will wash the car and maybe wax it, but most wouldnt think twice about cleaning the headlights with a plastic cleaner, plastic polish then waxing the headlights also like most of us here do.

kinda off topic but, meguiars plastix makes clear plastic foggy for me. it almost adds more small scratches. and yes i use it until the polish breaks down. anyone got a better product? i wet sanded my safety glasses because of a big scratch and the polish just sucks.

My guess would be those headlights look fogged because they are overexposed. The camea was set for the black paint, which would over-expose the lighter colors.

wow the interiro is amazing. a new set of headlights and its good to go. only thing is why does it have the gray carpet? i thought that the 98's came with MNB untill 98.5 when they switched to gray.. any ideas??

Looks like a clean car. I wonder what the floor mats look like?

Seats look to be in pretty good shape. Steering wheel does appear to be fading however. :( Also, I cant tell from the pictures, but the CD player buttons appear to be on the verge of "whiting" out.

WOW the 1st owner drove it off the lot and parked it for 8 years (39mi) Then this guy racks up 27k in a year and change. someone buy it now before this fool racks up another 27k in a year. I use mine as a DD and I have only put 70k on it in 7 years from the original 60k when I bought it.

I'm pretty sure that is mileage that was on it when it was registered, not sold. Meaning the first owner bought it with 39 miles, and the second owner bought it with 27k.

Back