• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 Csvt Vs 2003 Tiburon Gt V6

Tiburon's are for people who can't afford to buy an eclipse.Which are junk also.I dont think you are going to have a problem.If i had a spare $500 i'd take the bet.If you lose go find someone with a civic and take your money back

Tiburon's are for people who can't afford to buy an eclipse.Which are junk also.I dont think you are going to have a problem.If i had a spare $500 i'd take the bet.If you lose go find someone with a civic and take your money back
lmao!

The gearing in the Tib are not good for fast times. If you can drive 1/2 way decent you should have him. If I had a chance to race one I'd put $ on it. That's how confident I am.

What do you mean who can't afford an eclipse? The only ones worth talking about are the pre 2000's turbo. And you can easily get some of those for ~$2000-$5000.

I don't know anything about the dig races.... however, I'd assume that a fully loaded CSVT with 5 suitcases, 2 seabags and 3 people would STILL pull on a Tibby from any speed from 60 to.. well.. any speed higher.

Short answer: drive well and win.

What do you mean who can't afford an eclipse? The only ones worth talking about are the pre 2000's turbo. And you can easily get some of those for ~$2000-$5000.

That's all Tiburons are.Cheap versions of an eclipse.You say you can find a pre 2000 turbo eclipse for $2k-5K.That seems about right but tibby's never came with turbo's and you can get one of those for $1,000 or less.GSX eclipses are worth the money but theirs no tibby i'd spend more than $1k on.So i'd say SVT all the way.In a straight line, on a road course, or from a roll the SVT's going to take em.IMHO i can't say for sure just giving my opinion.

Ex gf has a 03 gt 6 speed Tiburon. A stock cougar (v6 5 speed) is as fast as a tiburon (2.7L 6 speed). They are pretty slow cars and POS's. Having drove it, it sucks. Clutch went out at 20k and has never been the same, speakers dont work when its raining out (no clue why)....etc.

That's all Tiburons are.Cheap versions of an eclipse.You say you can find a pre 2000 turbo eclipse for $2k-5K.That seems about right but tibby's never came with turbo's and you can get one of those for $1,000 or less.GSX eclipses are worth the money but theirs no tibby i'd spend more than $1k on.So i'd say SVT all the way.In a straight line, on a road course, or from a roll the SVT's going to take em.IMHO i can't say for sure just giving my opinion.

ITS AN O3 TIBBY not the old ugly one people point at and laugh but the wide muscle car attempt version. I cant find one for under 6 grand they start at 19,000 for a new one.

bwhahaha.. did you just say tiburon and muscle car in the same sentence??

My opinion on racing slow FWDs like these: who is the better driver and can launch the car better at the track?
Sounds like a driver's race and I'd assume your SVT wins with evenly matched drivers.
-J

I hope you were talking about SOME of the eclipse variants and NONE of the hyundai variants.

Back