• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Depressing...

ElKy

Has Nutz Bigger than Yours. Want Proof?
and kind of a rant at the same time.

a little background
My grandmother past away 9 years ago, it was a devastating blow to the family, especially my grandfather. They recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary when she got sick. She passed on thanksgiving morning 1998.
With her passing, we expected my grandfather to pass shortly after her.
But he didn't.
He pressed on as he is a fighter, a WWII Vet.
the past few years have been very tough for him, fighting with Alzheimer's (always thinks i am the pizza boy) and illnesses. He has been going to dialysis twice a week for the past 2 years. through all of it he kept fighting.
two weeks ago he came down with pneumonia which lead to a blood infection.
he fought it tooth and nail to come out of the hospital as if he was never sick.
so for the past week along with his dialysis he has been undergoing physical therapy to help regain his strength.

Thursday he went to his normal therapy treatment, before therapy he told the nurse he was tired and wanted to nap. his i always tired from the dialysis, so thats nothing new.
the nurse put him in a bed to rest before therapy.

here's where the rant comes in...

they left him alone for 45 minute..not once did anyone check on him.
when the nurse came in 45 minutes later to start his therapy, she found him laying in a pool of blood. One of the tubes for his dialysis had opened causing him to bleed to death.
yes he was old and yes his time was to come, but not this way.
My only consolation is that he went peacefully and he is now with his wife.

sorry for the long post..just needed to vent a little.

My grandfather was like my own father, as my real father abandoned me. Cancer took grandpa away from me 4 years ago. I share in your pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mike,

That is a complete bummer. I am sorry his passing was so negatively tainted. You are right to focus on the great life he lived and that he is now with his beloved.

Condolances.

Mark

Sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you have a very close family. Our thoughts and prayers are also with you.

Mike, my condolances to you and your family, I tried to post last night but just couldn't come up with any words ...

Good lord, Mike, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm at a loss for words but if there is anything that we can do for you or your family, please don't hesitate to ask. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I'm sorry mike.

I know it's not much but perhaps you can atleast be relieved that he didn't get the chance to be completely ravaged by the alzheimer's. It's a terrible disease...crappy way to go all around, but it could have been a lot worse.

Mike - I'm just at a loss for words . That just sucks sooooo bad !! I'm really sad to hear about his passing , and my thoughts go out to your family .

I too , am very suprised to hear that they 'fessed up to letting this happen , but it's good that they took responsibility . Not to sound like a vulture , but I'd consider having someone from the family contact a lawyer about it . It won't bring himm back , but they screwed up and they should be held accountable for it ...

Thanks for all the thoughts...it means a lot

so today added to the 'wonderful' weekend.
I dropped my suit off at the dry cleaners on Friday morning with the promise that it would be done by Saturday at 1:00.
so at 12:30 i call to see if its ready, the girl says yes.
so we head down to pick it up.
i hand her my ticket and she scans it..then she looks puzzled..
she calls the other girl over who looks just as puzzled.
they then tell me that it will be ready Monday afternoon.
i told them to check again.
they said it wasn't in the system as being done yet.
so i asked where it was..they had no clue.
i explained to them why i needed it today and they just looked at me and said
"theres nothing we can do"
so i left.
after a short drive i swung the car around and went back
i have never seen an asian girl turn as white as these two chicks did when they saw me come back in.
this time i demanded they find my suit because i was leaving with it today.
they spent 20 minutes looking, making phone calls, and bringing up womens suits and asking if they were mine.
finally they found my ticket.
it had a blue stub which meant it was for Monday.
i told them i didn't care what color the ticket was, my receipt said it would be done today.
they went back to looking.
finally she come up with my suit and tells me it has been dry cleaned but not pressed.
i took it from her and walked away..
she said "um..excuse me..." and waved the invoice around
and i walked out.
the friggin chick was actually expecting me to pay.

ok..time for bed.

Elky very sorry for loss. very disturbing story but like you said he is at peace and with his wife. keep his memory close to your heart and he will live through you. my best to you and your family.

Back