• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WTH? Light bulbs??

G

green SVT

Ok I cannot find the replacement bulbs for my map lights in my 98SVT. Help anyone?

look on the old bulb? I believe it's inscribed on there. I could tell you the size of the base but that won't always give you a direct drop in...

Well when I bought the car like two year ago it didnt have bulbs so I cant do that....

DSCF1279Small.jpg

3886 is what the stock map light bulb says. I know because I just checked a few days ago but couldn't remember exactly until I saw that pic.

edit: I cant find a 3886 bulb anywhere but it's a BA9s base. Just have to make sure the bulb head is smaller than the base otherwise it won't drop in.

64111 may actually work too.

Last edited:
DSCF1279Small.jpg

3886 is what the stock map light bulb says. I know because I just checked a few days ago but couldn't remember exactly until I saw that pic.

edit: I cant find a 3886 bulb anywhere but it's a BA9s base. Just have to make sure the bulb head is smaller than the base otherwise it won't drop in.

Ok I retarded or something, explain to me what I should look for a the store when you mean the base and all that. Im soooo excited to have lights again :D :D :D :D :D :D

I guess I left it a bit open ended. You want the bulb on the right in the above picture. Now, the one in my car (same one in the above pic) said 3886 on it. I searched and couldnt find that. Sylvania lists replacement as 64111 but that actually has a little nipple on the end like so:
bulb64111.jpg
Should still work though.

ba9s just refers to the base:
ba9s.gif

ahh I see, now I understand. Well go to the store tonight. thanks

Back