• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For those looking...

cruises8

CEG'er
for an SVT. Let me save you some time. Don't bother checking out the T-red 98 at Dover Auto World. Possibly the worst condition I have seen an SVT in. I didn't even bother to test drive it.

List of issues:
Large dent on driver's door
VERY VERY bad rust repair on driver's rear quarter
Major bumper sag
Fog lights melted
Huge dent/scrape from rear passenger door continued to rear quarter and bumper
Rubber roof strips practically detached
cracked bumper around the fog lights
paint in rough shape all around
Side skirts warped/cracked and barely hanging on
there were several other smaller dents

I know it is 10 years old, but this wear and tear seemed excessive.

That really doesn't sound all that bad. Most of those are easy enough fixes. It sounds like normal wear and tear from an owner that probably didn't care enough to fix all those details over the years.

How much were they asking?

They are asking $2,750 and it has 148K on it. The amount of body work alone turned me off. I've seen many 98's and this is far worse wear and tear than I've seen. There are some others for sale for around that price that don't need nearly the work. From the way it was taken care of on the outside, I can only imagine how well the engine and drivetrain were maintained.

With the way you make it out to be, I'd honestly throw an offer of $1,000 if I had the money. I'd hate to hear of another CSVT going to the dumps, so to speak.

Just looking right now. If the right one pops up...maybe! The right one is going to be tough to come by.

whats the right svt your looking for?????

that car sounds beat!!!! if it has rust on the body that means under it is very rusty id pay 500 for it but not a penny more lol

whats the right svt your looking for?????

Would have to be T-red/MNB(so 98 or 98.5), mileage is not an issue, but the body has to be in decent shape. Looking to keep it under $3K. I would consider T-Red/Tan, but only as second option. There is no rush so one may pop up eventually.

heh ... your requirements and purchase urgency sound exactly the same as mine last year. :)
(only difference is I also required "must be 1-owner car with documentation" .. made the search a bit hard)

mine only $2500 away and you could pick it up in under 10 min lol :laugh:

I cannot. I need to keep my car as a DD, but to do this I need to put work into it. The poor body is rotting away on me. This is a primary concern. There is no way I'm parking an SVT at UMass :shocked:. Two vehicles FTW. An SVT will come my way next summer I hope...

Back