• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vid of the rally god

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. First off, I didn't even know that they put rally in the X-games...haha...second, but most importantly: McRae rolls the frickin car and then proceeds to finish the race, only losing by half of a second.... Sweet Geebuz thats amazing. The man was a legend to the sport and he is missed. I wish they still showed WRC on Speed. But nooooooo, all we get is NASCAR 24/7. I hate NASCAR.

Last edited:
i dont hate nascar but it isnt my favorite auto racing.. I like what they are doing with the cars of tomorow... I think its a right step.. but they need to bring the WRC back!

Yeah...NASCAR is pretty lame IMO. I mean, the cars of tomorrow look cool and such, but its still NASCAR. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the speed channel would bring back some of the cool shows that used to be on like...cough...WRC...and maybe some airplane racing and stuff. Not so much a fan of the boat racing either, but it was better than NASCAR...haha. I am just so tired of NASCAR NASCAR NASCAR all day long on that stupid channel. I used to watch that channel all the time, now I pretty much don't watch it at all. Anyone else catch the Red Bull Air Racing today on FSN? It was pretty sweet...

I wish they still showed WRC on Speed. But nooooooo, all we get is NASCAR 24/7. I hate NASCAR.
Yes, Speed is pretty much ruined by Crashcar BUT if you get the sports stations (like the Fox Sports ones) I did by accident find WRC on the one called ALT (on Directv). I don't remember the channel number (642 or something). I think it was a summary of the season but I don't know because it was just ending when I found it. They seemed to have a lot of commercials though. :nonono:
Karl

Yeah...I don't have that fancy direct tv dealio...haha... I am just saying I remember the channel back in the day when they had a nice variety of content. Now it is pretty much SUCKCAR for a majority of the day with maybe a few different shows sprinkled throughout. We want our WRC back!

Yeah that is the same video from four posts up btw...haha...it was still cool to watch it again. I want one of those rally focuses, that would be so fun.

Yeah...I don't have that fancy direct tv dealio...haha... I am just saying I remember the channel back in the day when they had a nice variety of content. Now it is pretty much SUCKCAR for a majority of the day with maybe a few different shows sprinkled throughout. We want our WRC back!
Yup. British Touring Cars, European Touring Cars, German Touring Masters (DTM), Australian Supercars and WRC have all gone to make way for Crapcar. Speed was showing all but European Touring Cars and WRC as repeats during racing's downtime between seasons. Hopefully they'll do it again this year but I'm not holding my breath.
Karl

That is awesome

andy1711sig3.jpg

Back