• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Road trip depression!

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
I have driven from Florida, to San Diego CA in the past few days, and am very dissappointed... as I sit on the 10th floor balcony of my hotel in downtown san diego, I have jsut realized that I have not seen one CSVT on my trip...:cry:

where are they all? Well, today we are leaving to head north to san fran, last night in the gaslamp district was awesome, but we still have to make it to san fran, then grand canyon, vegas, colorado and then back home...

hopefully i can see some csvt's along the way!

I have driven from Florida, to San Diego CA in the past few days, and am very dissappointed... as I sit on the 10th floor balcony of my hotel in downtown san diego, I have jsut realized that I have not seen one CSVT on my trip...:cry:

where are they all? Well, today we are leaving to head north to san fran, last night in the gaslamp district was awesome, but we still have to make it to san fran, then grand canyon, vegas, colorado and then back home...

There are a few registered users in LA, OH! and on your drive up north California, DRIVE US-1!!!!! BEST DRIVE EVAR in terms of scenery, and some nice curves too ;)

There are a few registered users in LA, OH! and on your drive up north California, DRIVE US-1!!!!! BEST DRIVE EVAR in terms of scenery, and some nice curves too ;)

yeah, we planned on driving US-1... i'm hoping there isnt a ton of traffic on it, i am a really bad road rager, and if i have to deal with LA traffic, i am going to probably get me and my new wife killed!

keep your cool and you'll be fine. open up a thread in the cali section and see if anyone is free in the area.

yeah, we planned on driving US-1... i'm hoping there isnt a ton of traffic on it, i am a really bad road rager, and if i have to deal with LA traffic, i am going to probably get me and my new wife killed!

we drove it at around noon on a tuesday, hardly any other cars :cool:

worst comes to worst, stare at your own car :laugh:

I was hoping to see some CSVTs as well on my trip from San Jose, CA to New Hampshire.
Saw none until the last few hours of the last day when I spotted one in Connecticut.

Road trips are fun, your travels sound awesome!

Isn't that part of the beauty of owning a CSVT? I haven't traveled that far, but I do frequently travel from VT to ME, and I have only seen 2 other CSVTs in my 9 years of that trip.

Isn't that part of the beauty of owning a CSVT? I haven't traveled that far, but I do frequently travel from VT to ME, and I have only seen 2 other CSVTs in my 9 years of that trip.

I think so, I think it would be cool for people to come up to you all of the time asking you what it is.

I get people doing that for my SE because it doesnt really look like a factory contour anymore, but im sure the SVT would grab more attention.

You have wheels and painted headlights... how do you not look like a regular contour anymore?

Kyle, you're on your honeymoon and you are worried about missing a few SVT's? :help:

:laugh:

Don't tell MrsDillaKilla. ;)

Back