• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

the first time is horrible, the second time is a little easier

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I said I would never do it again after this:
car175.jpg

Now look what I have gone and done: :idiot: Pulling my 2.5 and dropping a 3L
newpics129.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN ROOTING 3L FOR SUCH A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

:drool:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN ROOTING 3L FOR SUCH A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

:drool:

:shocked: :help: Anyway.. congrats Joe! Looking forward to seeing it completed.

no fender guards ?!? :eek:

Fender guards?

Ive done 6-8 motor swaps and never used "fender guards" waste of money, never damaged a fender. You would have to be seriously careless when pulling the motor out of the top to think you need fender guards.

Sigh, I wish I had some area to pull my engine, HOA would have my head if I did it at my house.

Fender guards?

Ive done 6-8 motor swaps and never used "fender guards" waste of money, never damaged a fender. You would have to be seriously careless when pulling the motor out of the top to think you need fender guards.

not really for damage , more for scratches

It really doesn't seem to get easier, I lied - the first time just is the ice breaker, the second time I was thinking I have nothing to loose....

Thanks for liking the car guys. Me will likey lots when it's putting 180+ HP to the wheels :drool:

It really doesn't seem to get easier, I lied - the first time just is the ice breaker, the second time I was thinking I have nothing to loose....

Thanks for liking the car guys. Me will likey lots when it's putting 180+ HP to the wheels :drool:

Which top end are you using?

Fender guards?

Now how many of those motor swaps did YOU actually do :laugh:

Back