• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my brothers 'stique, what do u think?

You mean 98 bezel. The dashboard became identical to the Contour in 99.

I should buy a cougar ... at least it rhymes with rougar :blackeye:

I'm talking dash bezel, the one that surrounds the gauges and switches and has the driver's vent and center vents. I will also get the passenger vent too and try and paint it.

Yeah, as rougar said, we replaced it from a 98. The original 95-97 had vents like the passenger side vent on the dash. They break if you sneeze too hard.

lol yeah! i remember one time i was driving, and i went to adjust one of the vents and i hit a bump or something, jarring my hand up and down as i was holding onto the tab, and i ripped it right off...sending the rest of the pieces tumbling to the floor like a falling card castle. I just sat there with the middle piece in my hand like :eek:

What's the difference between the two?

Not too much, but the version you have looks much cleaner... The old one had a chrome metal elbow in stead of the rubber one... Because the piping is bigger than the TB, I really do not like how the rubber coupling attaches the elbow to the TB...

Attachments

• Engine1.jpg
    Engine1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • Engine2.jpg
    Engine2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
Back