• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAD DAY

MNstuckinMI

Veteran CEG'er
so, Im having a bad bad year as far as cars are concerned...

here is the gist of what happened. I was going down London Rd (for those familiar with Duluth). it is a more major road coming in from the east to downtown. as i was coming to 14th ave E the right lane ends and the left lane continues. i was in the left lane continuing. speedlimit is 30-35 which was what i was going. as i approached 14th ave E the van is coming tward me wanting to turn onto 14th ave. she decides to go and i cant do anything but slam on my brakes and hope for the best. i locked them up (see skid marks) and slid right into the side of her van. totally her fault.

first thing i do is call 911 cause i am just ticked off as all can be. he gets there and we fill out the sheet so i have her info and she has mine. the officer if anyone needs a tow, and i say no as does she. after he hands me back my info he hands hers back and gives her a citation for "Inatentive Driving." this was her reaction... "for what?! I didnt see him till the last minute!" He calmly tells her that is unfortunate, but I had the right away and she has to yeild. duh! if you were paying attention, YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN ME! anyways, im laughing and pissed all at the same time. laughing at how much of a moron she is, and pissed at her for not paying attention.

anyways, here are some pics. what i dont have a pic of is the impact made my drivers side coolant pipe loose, and it was dragging on the ground. it wasnt leaking till i parked it in the garage. i had a patch on it already (where a rubber hose was in place for a 6 inch section due to a rusty pipe) and it wore through there. so i'll be doing a fix on that tommorrow AM so i can at least drive the car (as it is my only car right now) that is the only drivability issue i have found. im not sure if the tires are flat spotted yet, cause i havent had it up to any speed.

pics: (the headlights work fine, the drivers side is due to me missing a c clip thhat goes on the end of the arm. when it falls off, that is how it ends up looking. the accident did not go up that far)

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

skid marks
IMG_0327.jpg

her van:
IMG_0322.jpg

Oh snap!!!!! What is with retarded women in minivans in that town? I loved that car. :cry: Well, at least it isn't totaled and it looks like is should be an easy repair.

Geez man, tuff break. that sucks:( how come you have no front license plate? i thought it was illegal not to have one.

If the parking lot attendent doesn't say anything, it is all good. LOL You are supposed to have a front plate, and they can give you a ticket for no front plate but it is up to the cop to issue it.

Geez man, tuff break. that sucks:( how come you have no front license plate? i thought it was illegal not to have one.

ive had this car since 05, never had a plate ont he front. it is only driven from april to october. i didnt have one onthe svt either. in fact, i ewven had the holes filled so i coulndt put it back on! front plates are over rated... ;)

i'll be dealing with progressive it seems. we'll see how it plays out. i always fight with insurance.

i've been pulled over about 3 times from different cops each time and i use the same BS excuse for not having one. "it's an SVT model so it's very difficult to find the bracket for the bumper, but i'm working on it...sir." lol, they buy it every time:laugh: So i just throw it in the window and when they're gone i take it down.

crazy driver's i swear there out to get me, i've had 3 near collisions with drivers not paying attention. by the way nice wheels, are those vw montecarlo's?

sorry to here man, I had something very similar happen to me and my baby a few years ago (97 awd talon)

If the parking lot attendent doesn't say anything, it is all good. LOL You are supposed to have a front plate, and they can give you a ticket for no front plate but it is up to the cop to issue it.

ditto on that. I havent had one on my car for the past 7 years. I have had to deal with a few cops about it early on as they could clearly see the plate holes in my bumper [but now that its been replaced, I just go :shrug: dealer never gave me a way to mount it].

I have gotten hit by a few parking attendants for no front plate, so what I did was attach it to my sun visor and when I park I just flip the visor down making it visible... that seems to have addressed that problem.

eitherway sorry to hear about the colission, its a really nice looking car, just glad its only cosmetic damage.

I have gotten hit by a few parking attendants for no front plate, so what I did was attach it to my sun visor and when I park I just flip the visor down making it visible... that seems to have addressed that problem.

Whoa that's an awesome idea :)

Sorry to hear about the Fiero :cry: You have bad luck up there in Duluth, me thinks you need another beater.

O noes! I always loved your Fiero. Hope it all works out.

Quick question though. Are those OEM VW wheels? Monte Carlos to be exact?

Edit: sorry i missed the post earlier about the wheels. disregard. Unless your interested in selling them :-D

Last edited:
Oh man that sucks, I hate when your car gets trashed because someone else is an idiot. I had a fiero just like that that I had to have the front end repainted 4 times while I owned it, never once my fault. I started off with a nice car and after two years it was about 4 different shades of red.

Damn is that a sad sight to see! I love that car! Good luck and hope the insurance all pans out for you. The adjusters prob hate to see you by now lol.

i am very thankful to have full coverage on the car. I have american family, and she has progessive. Progressive is claiming that they can only be liable for 80% of the accident! WTF!!!!

so yeah, im running it though my insurance, and they will go after progressive for the full amount when progressive realized that they are 100% at fault.

I hate insurance companies.

i am very thankful to have full coverage on the car. I have american family, and she has progessive. Progressive is claiming that they can only be liable for 80% of the accident! WTF!!!!

so yeah, im running it though my insurance, and they will go after progressive for the full amount when progressive realized that they are 100% at fault.

I hate insurance companies.

How the heck can they be liable for 80% of the accident.....is no one else supposed to drive so they can be 100% at fault? Seriously...retards. wait, I have progressive.

How the heck can they be liable for 80% of the accident.....is no one else supposed to drive so they can be 100% at fault? Seriously...retards. wait, I have progressive.

dont ever get in an accident, they'll do the same crap to you.

i just had an estimate done. the majic number is $1930 woth of damage. i hate minivans

Whoa that's an awesome idea
It is but its also illegal in Minnesota. This has to be one of the stupidest states ever. They have so many stupid laws. Now I hear they wanna get California emission laws here. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Dude that really blows. I know how it goes with stupid drivers in this city. And yes I also hate women that drive minivans and dont pay attention.:nonono:

Back