• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

Any chance you have a spare 3rd brake light cover laying around? I know you are stacked with parts :laugh:

I should have a midnight blue one....not 100% sure tho.

Tomorrow the mods begin.

I'll be cleaning and hopefully painting all the door panels...
Installing a mystique rear dome light
Doing the lighted moon roof switch mod
Hoping to swap seat skins from drivers to pas angers side. I think the pass seat is the only salvageable one in the car.

Last edited:
Got the Lighted moonroof switch done last night and I love it.

We took the time to install a trans mount, so i can now drive the car without worry for a while to see if codes spring up again.

Also thanks to Buttonpuncher we got the compression checked and it's OK for the mileage a little low on the rear bank, but I'm not too worried.

Replaced the DPFE sensor and all the codes are gone.

Next step will be pulling the dash, having a new windshield installed and installing a pre-98 dash to begin interior reassembly. I'm considering holding off on pulling the engine and trans until the interior is done, we'll see how that goes.

Check the abs sensors at the wheels. They like to get broken anytime you touch them. Make sure no one installed non abs cougar hubs on your rear spindles...... :)

Check the abs sensors at the wheels. They like to get broken anytime you touch them. Make sure no one installed non abs cougar hubs on your rear spindles...... :)

The wheels will come off next week and I'll look into it then. Todays project is getting the dash out, not a big deal...Then I'm off to buy paint. I'd like to get the door panels painted today so that after the components are re-installed i can fit them up and get them off the shop floor.

For those that were wondering compression was 225 across the front bank and 200-215 across the rear bank.

The wheels will come off next week and I'll look into it then. Todays project is getting the dash out, not a big deal...Then I'm off to buy paint. I'd like to get the door panels painted today so that after the components are re-installed i can fit them up and get them off the shop floor.

For those that were wondering compression was 225 across the front bank and 200-215 across the rear bank.

Can't wait to see this car when your done, It will have come along way, your doing great work to the car..hmm I may need some work done to my svt over winter, you have anytime for a small project or two?

Compression in the front bank don't seem to bad the back is a little low but the motor has what 155k on it? So doesn't seem to bad, nothing I would worrie about! Was this done when the car was up to temp?

Can't wait to see this car when your done, It will have come along way, your doing great work to the car..hmm I may need some work done to my svt over winter, you have anytime for some same projects?

Compression in the front bank don't seem to bad the back is a little low but the motor has what 155k on it? So doesn't seem to bad, nothing I would worrie about! Was this done when the car was up to temp?

There will be three SVTs in the shop all winter, so space will be non-existent..what exactly do you need done?

Test was done cold as at the time i had a ton of shiz tore apart to swap parts. I wanted all the CELs and crap gone before i pulled the motor.

There will be three SVTs in the shop all winter, so space will be non-existent..what exactly do you need done?

Test was done cold as at the time i had a ton of shiz tore apart to swap parts. I wanted all the CELs and crap gone before i pulled the motor.

I'll pm you so I don't steal your thread, won't the compression readings be a little higher at temp? Now this may be a dumb question but are the compression numbers the same from the 2.5 to the 3l motors? What should good readings be, I'll be checking mine this week and was wondering? Thanks

I'll pm you so I don't steal your thread, won't the compression readings be a little higher at temp? Now this may be a dumb question but are the compression numbers the same from the 2.5 to the 3l motors? What should good readings be, I'll be checking mine this week and was wondering? Thanks

Troubleshooting forum or a search may be able to answer those questions

New windshield gets installed Saturday.

Picked up the new dash last night, so the old one comes out soon.

Pics from yesterdays parts run. 160 miles on the car and no CEL...

new-to-me seats are in the bags...

msc202.jpg

msc203.jpg

msc204.jpg

msc205.jpg

Back