• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

spent the night tearing down the interior for the extreme cleaning and makeover it's going to receive. All that's left to do is pull the dash. We got the doors stripped of panels and the front components removed for re-working, also pulled all the remaining wiring for the nitrous and the sub wiring that was installed. Buttonpuncher and I are going to get together soon to do a compression test and then it's time to pull her out and work on the drive train. Found some milkbones and dog hair if anyone's interested shoot me a PM.

First the pics...then the plans.

msc006.jpg

msc007.jpg

msc008.jpg

msc010.jpg

msc011.jpg

msc012.jpg

Interior plans for the car as of right now are as follows.

All 4 seats will most likely be replaced as soon as i find replacements.
The carpet isn't in too rough of shape so i'm hoping i can salvage it and have it dyed black, otherwise it'll just be replaced.
The door panels will have a black.tan theme exactly like BLKOUT used to have.
The dash is being replaced with an early 98 model that will be dyed black.
Black pre-98 console will tie the dash and floor together.
Black steering column plastics and most likely a new black steering wheel.
Mystique rear dome light.
The trunk will have a custom build sub enclosure and will be re-done in black carpet, front doors have components.
The middle seatbelt is being deleted, should look pretty clean when it's done.
Cut stock shifter.

Last edited:
bensenvill said:
lol, josh your the least likely person I know to purchase a reliable automobile.

Reliable cars aren't cheap. :laugh:

Once i'm done i really don't see this car giving me too much trouble.

We talked about that tonight, and based on the availability of parts in the shop I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that will kill this car will be a tree or a deer.

I thought Daily driver meant POS? You seriously can't drive a car that has a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty interior can you? My geo has been taking a beating from my work boots. I just don't care anymore I've come to the conclusion I can't have anything nice anymore so why bother trying to have a clean nice DD. The Geo has been become my old del sol. Drive and maintain it :censored::censored::censored::censored: the rest. Don't get me wrong I vacuum out my cars weekly(nothing to clean)I'm just an anal person thats all.

On a side note my geo xfi (aka money pit) might be getting some major underbody rebuilding or a chassis swap. I've got a line on multiple cars in a boneyard that have various problems but hopefully aren't rotten cheap really cheap. Otherwise the whole front suspension area is getting cut up and new metal to reomve rot. I'm currently mocking up a suspension brace to tie in the control arms to each other. I'm looking at ways to make the brace become a front subframe of sorts to possibly eliminate the weak ass front end structures on the geo. I really miss the pita subframes the tours have now.

We talked about that tonight, and based on the availability of parts in the shop I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that will kill this car will be a tree or a deer.

This car will definitly help me clear out some of the stockpile-o-parts i have laying around, and that's definitely a good things. I've been slowly taking my garage back from my car parts over the last few months....and I'm now many steps closer after seeing what this car will all get. For teh first time in a long time i actually have room to work on cars at the shop, before there were parts everywhere. Now if could only sell some of this stuff and make a little cash.

I thought Daily driver meant POS? You seriously can't drive a car that has a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty interior can you?

You definitely never saw the Festiva's interior....that thing was nasty when i got it. A year later i re-did it and loved it. This interior is a lot worse than pictures show...one thing that i've failed to mention is this interior makeover will completely change the look of the car, and cost me like $50(not including new seats), so why not.

Last edited:
call it Ginger. ;)
cartman37thumbnail1.jpg

That's actually an awesome idea! Well done Kim! Oh, and I love that episode.

That's the current name unless someone has a better idea....

I was really hoping to do something with a "red headed step child" theme, and so far this is it.

Last edited:
Just got my CARFAX.

The car was sold and originally titled in IL and was a fleet vehicle for three years sold with 40k on it at auction and came to WI.

The cars second owner had it for about 100K miles, hit a deer 5/10/03. This is most likely why it was repainted.

The third owner took over at 140K, and now it's mine at 156K.

It's nice to know where the car's been :)

ya I got a lot of really nice parts the last time that happened :rolleyes:

but ya, I'm in the same boat, I know I've mentioned before that I replaced the towncar as the daily driver... I dont think I've expressly said I bought a tour... hmmm, really should update the sig as that would no longer make me a lurker. but my place is overflowing with parts, and the only way I could ever get a return on investment for all the crap I've accumulated over the past 9 years was to pick up another cdw patform car.

speaking of which, josh, by chance do you have a spare front pass window tracks or whatever... I have a non functional window I'd really like to get working again.

That's actually an awesome idea! Well done Kim! Oh, and I love that episode.

That's the current name unless someone has a better idea....

I was really hoping to do something with a "red headed step child" theme, and so far this is it.

sweettits! that was my exact thought process when I suggested it too.
high-five.jpg

Last edited:
Back