• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: BAER Track Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
844.41 shipped from aas is what I just came up with pricing it off their website currently. We need to get this going lol I dont want to pay that much lol.

844.41 shipped from aas is what I just came up with pricing it off their website currently. We need to get this going lol I dont want to pay that much lol.

And you think that's a lot?:nonono: Call anybody else who sells that kit and compare pricing. AAS is actually in the process of upping their price considerably. We're actually trying to get the 844 or slightly less.

And you think that's a lot?:nonono: Call anybody else who sells that kit and compare pricing. AAS is actually in the process of upping their price considerably. We're actually trying to get the 844 or slightly less.
I didn't say that was alot did I? I just simply stated that I didn't want to pay that much, so whatever group pricing we can get would be great. What would be the point in waiting to buy with you guys if I can get it now for the same price?:confused::shrug:

UPDATE:

We have not heard back from Hawaii Racing with the GB pricing, so dairdevyld will be calling them back tomorrow to see if they have some pricing for us.

Sit tight everyone!

I ordered the track kit from AAS about two weeks ago, before I found this thread.
I got it shipped for $826, I've been charged, but it still hasn't shipped. I had a call a week ago to confirm the contour's year, and it will be sent out right away.
I called 6/1 and I got the excuse that Baer was backordered and they're drop shipping it? they said it should ship on 6/3, but still no confirmation email.

Not saying that AAS is shady, but very poor customer service so far. Waiting in the dark sucks...

UPDATE:
Well after dairdevyld talked with Hawaii Racing again, they were not able to give us a better discount for a GB. They said they couldn't budge any lower to beat Andy's price. :(

Prices from them are:
$780 for Track
$1080 for Track-Plus

These prices do not include shipping so figure about $75-100 additional for shipping. That said, if you plan on getting a Track kit, Andy's will be your best option. If you are looking for a Track-Plus, call up Hawaii Racing. Andy's does not carry the Track-Plus.

I will most likely be going with the Track-Plus kit because that price is well worth it. The 2-piece rotors alone are $575 so you save $275 if you go with the 2-piece rotors from the start rather than replacing them later.

Last edited:
I ordered the track kit from AAS about two weeks ago, before I found this thread.
I got it shipped for $826, I've been charged, but it still hasn't shipped. I had a call a week ago to confirm the contour's year, and it will be sent out right away.
I called 6/1 and I got the excuse that Baer was backordered and they're drop shipping it? they said it should ship on 6/3, but still no confirmation email.

Not saying that AAS is shady, but very poor customer service so far. Waiting in the dark sucks...
I doubt any company will have kits for our platform in stock. It took them 4 weeks to make mine... from the time I dropped off the cash, to the time I picked up the kit.

The two piece rotors are that much more?? What about the new rotors that Baer has to offer. Has anyone priced what those would be?

What is the real benefit of going to a two piece design? Are there any other two piece rotors that would work with the Baer kit? If one was to buy the track kit and later upgrade to the two piece rotors. Just trying to justify one over the other.

UPDATE:
Well after dairdevyld talked with Hawaii Racing again, they were not able to give us a better discount for a GB. They said they couldn't budge any lower to beat Andy's price. :(

Prices from them are:
$780 for Track
$1080 for Track-Plus

These prices do not include shipping so figure about $75-100 additional for shipping. That said, if you plan on getting a Track kit, Andy's will be your best option. If you are looking for a Track-Plus, call up Hawaii Racing. Andy's does carry the Track-Plus.

I will most likely be going with the Track-Plus kit because that price is well worth it. The 2-piece rotors alone are $575 so you save $275 if you go with the 2-piece rotors from the start rather than replacing them later.

The two piece rotors are that much more?? What about the new rotors that Baer has to offer. Has anyone priced what those would be?

What is the real benefit of going to a two piece design? Are there any other two piece rotors that would work with the Baer kit? If one was to buy the track kit and later upgrade to the two piece rotors. Just trying to justify one over the other.

Just the weight. The 2 piece has an aluminum hat which is bolted to the iron ring. The 1 piece is all iron. I'm not sure of the weight difference, but I believe it is a decent amount. That's not saying the 2 piece is light... just not as heavy.

not sure if other rotors work with the baers. no reason different ones shouldnt work as long as the dimensions are the same or close.
here's straight from baer website... http://baer.com/products/complete/track.php

I found the kit at alljeep.com for $675.75

But when I called he said it was a mistake and the pricing was incorrect :mad:

I should have tried ordering it... wouldn't he have to honor that pricing since it was shown that way?? In any case he changed the price on the page already... $829.17

I found the kit at alljeep.com for $675.75

But when I called he said it was a mistake and the pricing was incorrect :mad:

I should have tried ordering it... wouldn't he have to honor that pricing since it was shown that way?? In any case he changed the price on the page already... $829.17
crap! nice try though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back