• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interior Customs

I do need to change my name to kaos_3.0, but the mods here wont let me...

my stereo isn't finnished as of yet, been too busy installing engines and suspension, but right now I have 2 Memphis Power bass in a 2 cubic foot rectangular box that fills most of the space between the rear wheel wells, with a chrome MA 700w 2ch amp, mounted atop a drilled stainless plate spaced away from the box to hid all the wireing. this recieves its orders from a lanzar Vibe X6 3 way active X-over (I know, lanzar is junk, but I had it laying around) with remote boost, which gets it's orders from an old POS pioneer in the dash. highs are handled by pioneer 2ways in the doors, and cheap (pyramid I think?) component tweeters mounted in the power mirror panels.

things that need to be done are:

- install the MA 1 farrad digital cap I have
- mount and pannel off enclosure so only stainless plate and chrome amp show.
- replace janky wires
- obtain an optima battery
- obtain non-POS head unit, theres a black-glass style pioneer I've been looking at
- obtain two MA DVC tens to replace junky PB's

right now, both PB's are run paralell to one channel of the amp, producing 700 watts at 2 ohms, with the amp capable of 1400 at 2 ohms, with the DVC's I'll be able to significantly increase the output, while utilizing all of the amps ability and reducing distortion.

this is by no means ment to be a stereo show car, but I would like it to win a few local bass offs against typical high schooler crap.

I'll find a picture or two in a minute, but for the most part, my cabin space will be remaining stock, because the idea with this car is sleeper, not nopi-ricetasticalism

BTW, I complemented the job with the door coverings, and if he pulls the floor mats out of the back for pictures next time and makes the SVT cover for the component X-overs in the doors, he should be ok. I'd panel over the cap too, just leave a window for the digital display.

I've been to some car shows in my day, I know what a sick interior looks like, that one needs some work still.

hey aussie, we might just have to start talking about my led interior conversion here again soon, haha, those engine swaps took forrever!

[edit] i know 2 ohms will distort more than 4, but by "reduce distortion" I was referring the the more powerful DVC motors.

I do need to change my name to kaos_3.0, but the mods here wont let me...

my stereo isn't finnished as of yet, been too busy installing engines and suspension, but right now I have 2 Memphis Power bass in a 2 cubic foot rectangular box that fills most of the space between the rear wheel wells, with a chrome MA 700w 2ch amp, mounted atop a drilled stainless plate spaced away from the box to hid all the wireing. this recieves its orders from a lanzar Vibe X6 3 way active X-over (I know, lanzar is junk, but I had it laying around) with remote boost, which gets it's orders from an old POS pioneer in the dash. highs are handled by pioneer 2ways in the doors, and cheap (pyramid I think?) component tweeters mounted in the power mirror panels.

things that need to be done are:

- install the MA 1 farrad digital cap I have
- mount and pannel off enclosure so only stainless plate and chrome amp show.
- replace janky wires
- obtain an optima battery
- obtain non-POS head unit, theres a black-glass style pioneer I've been looking at
- obtain two MA DVC tens to replace junky PB's

right now, both PB's are run paralell to one channel of the amp, producing 700 watts at 2 ohms, with the amp capable of 1400 at 2 ohms, with the DVC's I'll be able to significantly increase the output, while utilizing all of the amps ability and reducing distortion.

this is by no means ment to be a stereo show car, but I would like it to win a few local bass offs against typical high schooler crap.

I'll find a picture or two in a minute, but for the most part, my cabin space will be remaining stock, because the idea with this car is sleeper, not nopi-ricetasticalism

BTW, I complemented the job with the door coverings, and if he pulls the floor mats out of the back for pictures next time and makes the SVT cover for the component X-overs in the doors, he should be ok. I'd panel over the cap too, just leave a window for the digital display.

I've been to some car shows in my day, I know what a sick interior looks like, that one needs some work still.

hey aussie, we might just have to start talking about my led interior conversion here again soon, haha, those engine swaps took forrever!

[edit] i know 2 ohms will distort more than 4, but by "reduce distortion" I was referring the the more powerful DVC motors.
wow um idk what to say to you other than the svt i just bought has better equipment in it than what you just listed lol, not to mention the stuff I have laying around that came out of my cougar I havent gotten around to putting in the svt yet(too lazy to run the wires right now and reclocate the battery). I will say it is nice that you do know the
stuff mentioned is/was junk you get major props for that much lol. Now I am going to share some of my old installs with you real fast. These were all in my old silver svt.
Here is a pic of the car. you may not have seen it before. then some of the install.

IMG_0270.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00553-1.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

This was the very first one in that car lol. wow have the times changed.

HPIM1759.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

you mentioned Memphis so I had to get some pic out lol. I am working on a new build for this car but I have no idea what I want yet. might go with one mojo-15...... But I like doing sq, there is a lot of cometition out there in it and its tough. My building block so far is my headunit. The eclipse cd7200MKII.

nice dood, the new memphis stuff (after they bought fultron) is pretty wicked, the old stuff was junk. I actually have that D-500 in the last pic, it's blown a capacitor on the inside, on the power input circuit, THREE TIMES, I'm sick of it. my ex has a smaller version of the amp in the first pic, it seems pretty solid, and I like the look of it.

the junk MA I'm using, had a mt dew poured in it and it quit. shelved it for three years, got bored, hooked it up, and it's perfect.

I also have a fultron depth charge (now sold under the memphis brand) 8ohm 10" that I replaced a surround on that has been kicking balls for over 7 years, I even loaned it out to this kid for his exploder for a year, still kicking.

sometimes junk is good. but yeah, this is mos-def not a SQ car, just JBL (junky but loud)

[edit] PS: love the rims in the first pic.

nice dood, the new memphis stuff (after they bought fultron) is pretty wicked, the old stuff was junk. I actually have that D-500 in the last pic, it's blown a capacitor on the inside, on the power input circuit, THREE TIMES, I'm sick of it. my ex has a smaller version of the amp in the first pic, it seems pretty solid, and I like the look of it.

the junk MA I'm using, had a mt dew poured in it and it quit. shelved it for three years, got bored, hooked it up, and it's perfect.

I also have a fultron depth charge (now sold under the memphis brand) 8ohm 10" that I replaced a surround on that has been kicking balls for over 7 years, I even loaned it out to this kid for his exploder for a year, still kicking.

sometimes junk is good. but yeah, this is mos-def not a SQ car, just JBL (junky but loud)

[edit] PS: love the rims in the first pic.
the amp in the top pic was a memphis belle mch1300. I absolutely loved that amp. Nothing makes life more simple than a 5ch amp lol especially one with a 1ohm stable 1100rms sub channel lol. I am going to try something mew in this car I just dont know what now.

The rims in the first pic I love also and I have a baer kit like I had behind those on the way. Been trying like hell to get those rims back from the current owner with no luck at all. I am going to have to find something else I guess. wanna get rid of the blown 500 you have?

Thanks!

I'll collect a few more relays/harnesses for the JY, and then give it a shot. I may need to PM you for help with wire colors/locations :laugh:

I'm glad to help and I have done some other postings on the auto down for the passenger door which has all the basic info. Once you are into a harness it all becomes clear and since you are there how about adding the heated mirrors???? or the door handel pocket lights, or......

See it all gets easy once you start. Just remember to get the complete harness don't cut wires at a jy you will only make trouble for yourself later.

AF

99 mystique leathers with two tone door panels

99 mystique leathers with two tone door panels

i took mystique power leathers and mystique door panels, a little different they have the window buttons not at a slant taped them off and painted them two tone. here are some urls to the pics. not finished yet:)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...1&saved#/photo.php?pid=30454447&id=1074240011

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...1&saved#/photo.php?pid=30454448&id=1074240011

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...1&saved#/photo.php?pid=30454449&id=1074240011

Post the pics here please.

i took mystique power leathers and mystique door panels, a little different they have the window buttons not at a slant taped them off and painted them two tone. here are some urls to the pics. not finished yet:)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...1&saved#/photo.php?pid=30454447&id=1074240011

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...1&saved#/photo.php?pid=30454448&id=1074240011

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...1&saved#/photo.php?pid=30454449&id=1074240011

ill try but it keeps having me make them smaller

ill try but it keeps having me make them smaller

sorry bout the facebook didnt realize people were against it, and i cant seem to upload the pics without making them so small you cant see. help please

sorry bout the facebook didnt realize people were against it, and i cant seem to upload the pics without making them so small you cant see. help please

get a photobucket.com account. It's free and then people won't have to sign up on facebook to see your pics.

Back