• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interior Customs

Uploaded for you

asdcpo.jpg

asdasdwu.jpg

wdawd.jpg

the finnished door panel looks pretty good man, what sort of paint is that? I've seen some nightmares with painted vinyl in the sun... cracks... flaking... eww

the finnished door panel looks pretty good man, what sort of paint is that? I've seen some nightmares with painted vinyl in the sun... cracks... flaking... eww

thanks UB3rduck for posting, for you 3.0 its a vinyl paint with a clearcoat, it might still crack i hope not but thn ill fix it with something else, but not sure what, the carpets are dyed with carpet die those look pretty good.

thanks UB3rduck for posting, for you 3.0 its a vinyl paint with a clearcoat, it might still crack i hope not but thn ill fix it with something else, but not sure what, the carpets are dyed with carpet die those look pretty good.
Your paint was it a SEM product? Many folks have had good results with that. I have done several items with it over the years and no cracking. Looks good I have those same seats in my Tour. Now since you have a "00" you have a bunch of mods to catch up on..... LOL

AF

huh?

huh?

Your paint was it a SEM product? Many folks have had good results with that. I have done several items with it over the years and no cracking. Looks good I have those same seats in my Tour. Now since you have a "00" you have a bunch of mods to catch up on..... LOL

AF

im confused by the "00" comment:crazy:
and not sure of product name tossed the can

Last edited:
what did you use

what did you use

Stock (except the piano black voodoo shift knob, indiglo white gauges):
DSCF0104.jpg

Painted panels, wheelskins wheel cover:
DSC00284.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

black dyed SVT seats:
IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

MattR modified gauge faces, 660nm Red LED's, ford emblem with black background from parkedcar,mondeo brushed aluminum gauge rings:
IMG_0017.jpg

Door panels are now back to stock but will probably be swapped for something that matches better.

is that a leather dye? i want to two tone my seats! please help

im confused by the "00" comment:crazy:
and not sure of product name tossed the can
Ok let me clarify unlike most cars ford kept removing options from the Tours. So the best creature comforts occured actually on the 96 SE and went down hill from there. Many folks have reinstalled the items that were removed to one extent or another. Add to that items that were mystique only like the rear dome light and you have a car that is obslete and with less options than all of the other years before it. Also there are just plain mods to do to make the items you have function like they should have. Take for instance the fog lights. One simple 10 min fix and they will be able to come on with the parking lights and not have to have the headlights on too. Another simple item fixes the throttle hang. There are a lot of ways to improve your car and a lot are simple..... How about a lighted moonroof switch? I have a simple 15 min install kit for that. Another for a lighted dimmer switch. They removed the bulb from that in 99.

Did you read the mods to just my doors? those are almost all stock items I just put back in. Get the picture?

AF

got ya

got ya

Ok let me clarify unlike most cars ford kept removing options from the Tours. So the best creature comforts occured actually on the 96 SE and went down hill from there. Many folks have reinstalled the items that were removed to one extent or another. Add to that items that were mystique only like the rear dome light and you have a car that is obslete and with less options than all of the other years before it. Also there are just plain mods to do to make the items you have function like they should have. Take for instance the fog lights. One simple 10 min fix and they will be able to come on with the parking lights and not have to have the headlights on too. Another simple item fixes the throttle hang. There are a lot of ways to improve your car and a lot are simple..... How about a lighted moonroof switch? I have a simple 15 min install kit for that. Another for a lighted dimmer switch. They removed the bulb from that in 99.

Did you read the mods to just my doors? those are almost all stock items I just put back in. Get the picture?

AF

okay i get it now thankyou yeah and i have noticed that between 95 and 2000 through contour and mystique parts alone you can put together one comfortable ride, that is why i love my new door panels so much they are so much more functional and easier to hit the window controls with:laugh:

is that a leather dye? i want to two tone my seats! please help

yup. Those are midnight blue seats that were dyed black using a kit from leatherique.com

cleaned, conditioned(or vice versa, I forget) sanded, then brush dyed.

I'm currently working with a set of old graystone doorpanels and midnight blue dyed black panels to make a better matching door panel.

okay i get it now thankyou yeah and i have noticed that between 95 and 2000 through contour and mystique parts alone you can put together one comfortable ride, that is why i love my new door panels so much they are so much more functional and easier to hit the window controls with:laugh:
Exactly..... I understand that one. BTW you did hook up your under door lights too right? and since you did, did you makt them only come on when "that" door is opened? (another mod) stock they just come on with the interior lights.

??

??

Exactly..... I understand that one. BTW you did hook up your under door lights too right? and since you did, did you makt them only come on when "that" door is opened? (another mod) stock they just come on with the interior lights.

are you saying to set it up so only one floor light comes on which would be the only side that is open? that would be cool and could i see a forum to that if the case

That could be done easy enough, but I was only refering to the under door light. To do the footwell light I think one would only have to snip a wire and make the ground from the light only go to the door switch. That way the light would only come on when the door was opened. Then of course you couldn't turn it on with the other interior lights using the dimmer switch.

AF

mine doesnt

mine doesnt

That could be done easy enough, but I was only refering to the under door light. To do the footwell light I think one would only have to snip a wire and make the ground from the light only go to the door switch. That way the light would only come on when the door was opened. Then of course you couldn't turn it on with the other interior lights using the dimmer switch.

AF

not sure if that was an upgraded option but my dimmer switch does not turno on my floor lights or dome lights just dims, but it could also be that its a 98. actually come to think of it i never understood ford and what they did with options for vehicles, mine is a GL that came with alloy wheels and a radio not even a tape player, but i have seen se's with hubcaps and cd players.:shrug:

LOL ....... I don't know if anyone has figured out ford. The dimmer switch that truns on the interior lights is 99-00, however when adding that simple feature they removed the light in it. So your's is lighted but doesn't have that feature. I have a kit to install a lighted 99 DS in pre 99 cars... again another simple mod.

My wifes 95GL had the lighted entry, courtsey light package, and a tape player radio, but nothing else... crank windows, 14" steel wheels and all.

AF

its crazy

its crazy

stupid stupid stuff, maybe we should just write a couple letters, and with enough complaining they will just ship over a couple thousand mondeo's for us:crazy:

Back