• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo 2.5, Turbo 3L, and Stock STI

im just gonna go ahead and bow down to Demon right now.......could we not just put some fat ass drag slicks on the front and hook up?

IIRC Demon was running drag radials on the front and broke an axle. And yes he does seem to drive very well. Even his 200whp n/a 2.5 was pulling very good times back in the day.

Low 14's yes, in the 13's it has been done. Like everyone has said, its the take off that limits us.

A turbo 3.0L well burrita did that with a 13.2 1/4

Demonsvt with a NA 3.0l completed a 13.47 1/4 time.
Even pole IIRC ran 14.9 with a csvt.

I would say these numbers are a given....
14.2's can be done in a 2.5l turbo
13.8's can be done with a 3.0l turbo

And I think just posting the times is sort of misleading. You should be posting the trap times as well. While the times might be somewhat close, the trap times will tell the "true" story of how the cars run. IIRC Burrita trapped at 107 mph and Demon was at 102.

Well I know for a FACT that from a roll a lightly modded sti lost against my 3l turbo. Yeah I was at 14psi but he didnt know what hit him when the last honk sounded.

Dosent matter what you think, its an ASSumption. It could have been on a closed private road with permision of the owner:shrug:

No mod has spoken of street racing.. even the argument about from a roll, or honking, etc is invalid.

I echoed his sentiment.. I didn't say "me too, I did that"..

So the only mods talking in here are Me and Jim, and neither of us mentioned street racing. :D

Ryan, I wondered if some of the streets even had names driving out to your place. Until we crossed over the train tracks.

Or if google would even bother with hi-res shots out there. Closer to your house was nice but about 1 hour away we were in hickville.

Yeah some dont man, once you pass my house and get about a mile away there is nothing, the town is called Between:laugh: there are some backroads there with no signs or anything.

name the road......

Let it go man, just let it go. It means nothing. There has been way worse conversations going on recently that has been over looked.

Hey ryan--- When are you taking the stazmobile to the track?

I will be this sunday if my headlights are back from bagged by then, its tunerfest and I am gonna put the smackdown on a bunch of ricers,lol

Ohh I will be, I have the video camera charged and 3 tapes ready and my digital camera charged with 2 2gig cards ready.

Back