• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new ride...

Thats why I want one so bad. Those cars are timeless. Ive seen a few with the 2JZ swap and :drool::drool:. That solves the power problem.

Are the manuals hard to find? All I ever see is autos.

I break a commandment every time someone says they own one of these.:laugh:

They come with a 2JZ stock. :shrug: Just throw some boost at it, and you're good to go.

The manuals are very tough to find. 2001 (first year) did not have a manual option. They only ran from 2002-2005. LSD was optional for all years but 2005 did not have the LSD option for manual anymore, only auto. That said, it narrows it down to 2002-2004 if you want a manual with LSD.

The only downside I can say so far is the gas mileage. They get crap for mileage and takes premium gas. I can squeeze 21 mpg driving like a grandma. On straight highway, 23 mpg. :blackeye:

They come with a 2JZ stock. :shrug: Just throw some boost at it, and you're good to go.

The manuals are very tough to find. 2001 (first year) did not have a manual option. They only ran from 2002-2005. LSD was optional for all years but 2005 did not have the LSD option for manual anymore, only auto. That said, it narrows it down to 2002-2004 if you want a manual with LSD.

The only downside I can say so far is the gas mileage. They get crap for mileage and takes premium gas. I can squeeze 21 mpg driving like a grandma. On straight highway, 23 mpg. :blackeye:

Maybe they always tell me that because the swap came out of a supra:shrug: I have no clue. It really didnt matter to me at WOT where it came from. I didnt realize how rare the manual was.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_IS
The gas mileage is terrible!!!! I can only imagine the numbers you would get from playing around a bit. curb weight for the is200 is 3300. I was expecting more but I guess you get that from the 300. I want to hear a sound clip from a stock exhaust to a HKS. expensive exhausts! I wouldnt mind having an is300 or a sc400

The IS300 uses a 2JZ-GE while the Supra has a 2JZ-GTE. People choose to use the GTE block when going with a lot of boost.

Yeah, my gas gets sucked down like crazy if I play around with the car. That said, I only do it every once and a while.

Less than 15% of the IS300's ever sold were manual. SportCross wagons never came in a manual either.

Stock exhaust, well just pretend you are trying to listen to an exhaust with the motor not running. That's the sound, even at WOT. :laugh: The HKS Dragger II is very deep and smooth. Not loud at all either. Just gives a little sound to the silence of this motor.

i do love how quiet the car is, even at full blast. the gas is going to be a killer, but my cavy only got 20 city too, so i'll take it as a fair trade. i love how well these cars take to boost, i'm thinking about supercharging it in a few years once i graduate.
as far as options, it's pretty basic. automatic, don't think it has LSD but i don't know how to check that, no nav system but i'm putting one in. it has the navy blue suede and black leather combo, which i really like. i'm not too worried about the lack of options though, i got it out the door for 7 grand.

To check for an LSD:
How to tell if my IS300 has LSD?
Look at the sticker on your driver door sill/jamb, look for the area that reads "A/TM"
You'll see numbers such as B02A, B02B, B02C
A=no LSD
B,C = LSD
If you are still unsure, call 1800 25 LEXUS and ask them to look up your VIN and they can tell you what options it came equipped it from the factory.

steebs, need some wheels? I need to sell mine.

219883783_733365811_0.jpg

219884083_733366828_0.jpg

219886703_733376028_0.jpg

You got a what?

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01618.jpg

2003 Lexus IS300 Sport Design
E-Shift
LSD
every option possible except Nav.

Sportdesign > Normal IS300 :)