• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

accident....

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
anyways so im coming home from work enjoy the day driving spiritedly goning a bit faster than i should (55 in a 35 for the record) and a lady pulls out in front on me, i swerved to the right and my brakes locked and sent me skiding into a stop sign and some brush, the car isnt too bad (not to say for the sunroof), some how i hit the stop sign and it spun and smashed my sunroof, im lucky it didnt smash the windshield and kill me! im just glad im not dead, and it sucks because i was sited and given a $200 ticket, and i dont have collision insurance (thankfully i didnt hit her). so whats the average cost to replace the sunroof glass?

another thing, i ran over some large branches and i backed off, the made some horrible noises, and now when starting from a stop i get a horrible grinding noise in from front left, my brakes were shot previously to this incident so i maybe one of the pads is really worn down? i dunno im bringing in the shop soon to find out whats wrong anyways heres the pics.

l_42afd7ea524eddd9372ff4d3927e242e.jpg

l_2b21e371edc0a16c6969a5df588d2df4.jpg

l_e4844aeff2479aa0f9749726646f84d6.jpg

l_ec1074101ecd3a5446139440cca413c7.jpg

l_42eb8f233af84b1eb64860559a9bc00a.jpg

Damn that sucks... good thing it didn't go though the sunroof and take your head! Junkyard maybe? Getting all that glass out is going to be fun.

Last edited:
How did they write you a ticket? If you didn't make a statement, they couldn't have written you a ticket. Circumstancial evidence is not enough.

repeat after me: Never admit to speeding.

even with witnesses, they are little more than casual observers that have no accurate and legally supportable method of gaging your speed. I do not condone speeding, but witensses to not constitute proof.

Never admit to speeding. You will still probably wind up with a failure to maintain control citation, or exceeding the safe limit for the conditions, but the odds increase that the other driver will also be cited for entering traffic without ensuring clearance.

but the odds increase that the other driver will also be cited for entering traffic without ensuring clearance.

She would of gotten failure to yield to on coming traffic.

Pope is 100% accurate in this situation. Never admit guilt in a situation like this. It wasn't your fault. Yes you were speeding, but the lady failed to be cautious when she entered the lane.

Can't say I'm not surprised this didn't happen sooner...

Good luck getting it all fixed.
I hope you learned something from this experience.

Slow down Toretto!

I have a sunroof assembly (minus the motor and sunshade) coming out of my parts car soon if you need one.

wow good thing it didnt take your head off, idk most here im sure cant say they have never gone 20 over b4. Hope everything gets fixed

I'll admit I have been 20 over before, but rarely at the risk of others. If there are bound to be people around, you need to keep speed reasonable, especially if you barely have any brakes left.

Back