• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whippled GT

SicSE

Veteran CEG'er
I had to share... Talk about sick!
Picture223.jpg

Picture231.jpg

What is this an add for guttersplus? LOL

That is some nice power on a nice car. Wonder if he would mind trading for a 98 CSVT?

Upon further inspection, is that REALLY the best way to strap down a car??? I'd think it would put hellacious amounts of unneeded strain on the steering and suspension components.

Upon further inspection, is that REALLY the best way to strap down a car??? I'd think it would put hellacious amounts of unneeded strain on the steering and suspension components.
thats actually how you are supposed to do the rear wheels on a FWD car but i would think they would go through the LCAs or the subframe for the front on a RWD car. :shrug:

I just can't imagine what it would be like to have 500+ ft/lbs of torque at a little past 2K. :drool: Dude said he, "can't really get on it until 3rd gear". Apparently the stock 315's on the rear are giving him little help in controlling the 698hp... go figure!

I'd have to say that "best" is a subjective term here. Without taking off the dimpled paneling that covers the underbelly, there are few options.

Not really that bad to do it that way. Many cars are tied down like that to ride on trailers as well.

Back