• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need help with a list

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Ok I need help putting a list together for when I am overseas and my car goes to the shop for a 3l turbo

I will get the 3l from, I am doing the pnp'd full 3l
http://www.3lduratec.com/engines.html

Pistons from
http://www.diamondracing.net/

I want forged rods and rod mains but where from? And do I go Pauter or Clevite?

Suspension from bat

Brakes from either bat or Warmonger

dmd from bat

rest of suspension from bradness

Turbo kit from Warmonger and Joey

I am sending my tranny to Terry Haines for the full HMS and if he can the bulldog box.

Spec stage 4 clutch

Forged axels from ?

SVT Focus smart fuel pump

Royal purple tranny fluids

Mobile 1 oils

All new belts and hoses

Battery relocation kit, from ?

What else do I need?

Last edited:
I think the spec stage 4 might be overkill. I don't recall reading anything about someone running out of holding power on the stage 3s.

Same thing with forged rods, have not been the weak link in even boosted 3L setups. But I suppose there is something to be said about having everything BUILT up.

Turbo blanket if not included in kit from Nautilus. Will really help with keeping underhood temps down.

Battery relocation kit from summit. Maybe a turbo timer.

You will most likely want some gauges if you dont already have them. Easier to install with engine out too. EGT, Wideband AFR, Xcal2 for tuning, IAT temp before and after intercooler would be nice to have as well.

Sorry if you already have this stuff. Just trying to recall everything I have bought.

Last edited:
It wont be a DD at that point, it will be for the track and shows and very limited street driving, like sundays for an hour at most.

with a stage 4 your talking instant engagement. with clutches like that you spin the tires just getting into first gear. its actually better for them.
where an instantaneous engagement and light weight are beneficial. Not street-friendly due to HARSH engagement.

o yea and why not a spec flywheel or lightweight one? if you dont already have one.

Last edited:
Yes I already have a spec flywheel, and I am going with a spec stage 4 or 5 clutch cause it will have to support 400+hp.

ok so you DO plan on this being a track car then. if you get the stage 2 half shafts that support 400 HP you can put cheater slicks on and get some good time at the strip!!!

Yes it will be a track and show car, not a DD.

Back on track, anyone else have any links or more parts I will need?

Back