• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I wish street cars were this safe

180+ MPH into a wall...:eek:

and climbs out the window to wave @ the crowd. That is one safe vehicle, I dont understand how those arent street legal....

You can get t-bone by a trunk and get out to inspect the damage....:crazy:

- amyn

If they were street legal, you'd be seeing a lot more people speeding for no reason other than the car will keep them alive. :help:

If they were street legal, you'd be seeing a lot more people speeding for no reason other than the car will keep them alive. :help:

but then it'd be more acceptable because they would be kept safe, along with everyone else, right?:shrug:

180+ MPH into a wall...:eek:

and climbs out the window to wave @ the crowd. That is one safe vehicle, I dont understand how those arent street legal....

Its not just the car, its all the driver safety equipment as well.

I don't know about you, but I'm not interested in wearing a full nomex suit and gloves, and a helmet, and a HANS device, and 6-pt harness, and sit in a non-reclinable, non-adjustable fixed seat that only allows me to look straight ahead the next time I want to run to the grocery store. Not to mention, have you ever tried to buckle yourself fully into a race car with all the proper gear? It's definately not easy to do by yourself.

thanks for posting that. i had people asking me this weekend if i saw it and how crazy it was that the guy walked away...i hadn't seen it until it was posted here.

Back