• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats your Fuel Economy?

if I do strickly city driving, heavy stop and go traffic (Ann Arbor traffic), I see about 26.

The highest ive ever seen was 35, that was a whole tank on the highway averaging about 80 miles per hour. im sure If I had done about 70 I could have seen as high as 37.

usualy average highway and city I get 30-31, and thats usualy shifting at around 3000-3500 RPMs under mild throttle.

Usually about 27/28 in "city" (I live in the middle of nowhere so it's about 9 miles to anything resembling a city and even then there's not many lights) and around 30/32 on the highway with my Duratec MTX, don't currently have secondaries, but I did do a full IM rebuild december of 2005 including new spark plug wires, spark plugs, fuel filter, and EGR, also I shift normally around 2500 RPMs and I would say semi-aggresive is a good descriptor of my driving style.

No, that's why I said normally, but since the roads around here are mostly very curvy, usually empty, and (some) are well paved, I like to open her up and shift around 5500, or 5750 a lot.

Back