• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Autocross Role Call

who on here is planning to autocross their contour/mystique this season? who has autocrossed their contour/mystique?

I am. I have, many times.

From NE-SVTOA autocross last saturday:

svtoa_ax2_309_tjm_2309_std.jpg

svtoa_ax2_311_tjm_2312_std.jpg

svtoa_ax2_134_tjm_2062_std.jpg

svtoa_ax2_135_tjm_2063_std.jpg

svtoa_ax2_136_tjm_2065_std.jpg

been to a couple events just to watch, now that I got a car worthy of it I will be going a few times this summer.

I am going in two weeks. If I don't get my TB from Pole120 and other stuff from Reebs I will take my GTO. I will be in a class that I will not win in but expect to have fun. This will be the first time in a Mystique. I have done it in an FSVT and The 04 GTO.

turbo_fox sweet pictures. would like to see some videos and what branch do you race in im interested in your standings.

keep them coming im hoping more people take their cars out than this...:)

I've been autocrossing since 2000, but I dropped out last year when I my brakes didn't work on the turn before the exit. Since then, I started having a bunch of other problems with the car... but I'm finally getting the $$ needed to get the car back up and running. I hope to have it in tip-top shape in time for the summer season. It really sucks... I no doubt would have trophied in STX.

turbo_fox sweet pictures. would like to see some videos and what branch do you race in im interested in your standings.

keep them coming im hoping more people take their cars out than this...:)

I do club racing with the NE-SVTOA, no real standings. I plan on getting some video this year

Fort Myers, FL GulfcoastAutocrossers

Fort Myers, FL GulfcoastAutocrossers

I've been running my Cougar here for a few years and recently ultraimports has been bringing out his silver SVT. He's got pix here.

A pdf of an aerial view of the airfield we autocross on... We get 1 mile .runs!! (The shorter loops are because we have a school & a Test-n-Tune course on Saturdays.) We run September - June - July & August here are too hot to be out all day on pavement.

Look about 2/3 down this page for a pic of me when I'd just started, and see my sig for what I did after stiffening the suspension.

i have my first in 2 weeks. lots of last minute things to finish up, not enough time to do it all in

the SVT "stock" class is GS. the STS class is a lightly modified class and STX is a step higher. my car was in STS because i have 17" wheels with performance tires on. now my car will be in the unlimited class because of the engine swap. there is a whole explanation of what the different classes are in the stickys of this thread

the SVT "stock" class is GS. the STS class is a lightly modified class and STX is a step higher. my car was in STS because i have 17" wheels with performance tires on. now my car will be in the unlimited class because of the engine swap. there is a whole explanation of what the different classes are in the stickys of this thread

I am fully aware of what the classes are and the rules of most of them. I was just wondering why morbid was running stx which is faster than sts. As for your unlimited class, do you mean street mod or prepared perhaps? There is no unlimited class in the scca nor nasa.

I am fully aware of what the classes are and the rules of most of them. I was just wondering why morbid was running stx which is faster than sts. As for your unlimited class, do you mean street mod or prepared perhaps? There is no unlimited class in the scca nor nasa.
The Quaiffe LSD, 13" brakes, and 245 tires made me jump from STS to STX. The LSD alone is well worth not being allowed in STS. I've had subframe connectors sitting in my garage since the first group buy (over a year ago) just because those won't help me in SM. When I'm turbo'd, then I'll put those on :laugh:.

Last edited:
And RogerB from Wichita KS autocrosses his contour. He must be too busy watching the K&N thread in duratec performance to have spotted this thread.

Back