• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Accord

toursvt

CEG'er
New Accord=Fugly
What do you guys think?
53ry7v6.jpg

63t87rl.jpg

Remember back in the late '80s when Honda boasted that the Accord had the lowest profile hood on a passenger car in production? Now look how tall and blocky the front end is. Who would have thought we'd live to see a day when Honda copied styling cues from Chrysler Corp. and not the other way around? This thing just SCREAMS Sebring/Avenger.

The coupe doesn't look as bad.. and it's coming out with 18" wheels, which is the biggest honda's put out.

The interior is VERY good as well :cool:

The 3.5 is beefy, but it's still FWD :nonono:

Remember back in the late '80s when Honda boasted that the Accord had the lowest profile hood on a passenger car in production? Now look how tall and blocky the front end is.
I've noticed a LOT of cars have a blocky front hood/grille these days. It was getting to the point I was thinking there was a government regulation in case of pedestrian accident.

As for the new Accord -- it's not great, but no worse than what they have right now. The last few generations have not wowed me (I do like the '94-'97 and '98-'02). Camry on the other hand just keeps getting better and better.

I've noticed a LOT of cars have a blocky front hood/grille these days. It was getting to the point I was thinking there was a government regulation in case of pedestrian accident.
I know they have some regulation to this effect in Europe. We're probably getting the ugly overspill from that.

Camry on the other hand just keeps getting better and better.
:crazy: Seriously? I can't stand the huge bulbous schnoz on the new Camry. And the lines on the rear don't look much better to me.

The back IS FUGLY, the front is too but there is something there that I like about the front... Hmmm:shrug: Still ugly in a whole...

- Amyn

Back