• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Coil Springs Recall/Warranty & Fords Laughable CRC

danielbecker, I guess you are fighting for the principle, but at this point, with the number of stock springs popping up in the classifieds for cheap, why spend so much of your life fighting this?

Heck, get a BAT kit or Koni kit and upgrade your handling 10x, and enjoy your car more. I would love an excuse to upgrade!!! :D

Part of it is cost as well. Why pay for it when Ford should be fixing it.

danielbecker, I guess you are fighting for the principle, but at this point, with the number of stock springs popping up in the classifieds for cheap, why spend so much of your life fighting this?

Heck, get a BAT kit or Koni kit and upgrade your handling 10x, and enjoy your car more. I would love an excuse to upgrade!!! :D

It is very much the principle. It would be much easier to forget it and move on I agree. And I probably will never get any kind of acceptable answer from Ford. But at least I'll be able to say at the end of the day I tried to hold Ford accountable. That I didn't simply go away angry and confused because they told me to. I'm giving a manufacturing behemoth every opportunity to retain my business and my invaluable word-of-mouth advertising. Hopefully they'll see this as a need to improve their communications between Ford CRC, ASO, and their dealers.

Plus, in the near future when I'm most likely driving another manufacturer's car and my friends say I thought you liked Ford. I'll be able to tell them the tale of a loyal SVT owner who couldn't get a simple straight answer and how that pushed me into ending my relationship with Ford.

Believe it or not I'm not hard to please. I've been extremely patient with Ford from the beginning. However, my patience has now worn thin.

I'm still waiting on my refund for an intake manifold for a 98 Crown Victoria with a 4.6L and it'll probably never happen. If I based my owning a particular car on whether or not its manufacturer disappointed me at some moment in time, I'd be walking instead of driving. Trying to get a free part on a 9 year old car is (apparently) not very likely so principle aside, you might as well get on with replacing it on your own dime. I've owned 7 Ford vehicles down through the years and only the F150s have been perfect or as close to perfect as any man made object can be so that leaves 5 that weren't so perfect. But I never would have known that if I'd given up 21 years ago when that first Ford disappointed me to the tune of $1700 on something I thought should be covered under warranty.
Karl

Back