• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Acid dip your grille ring yo

cannondalemtb

Hard-core CEG'er
I have acid sitting in a rubbermaid container under my deck. It's been sittin there for quite a while now, but the lid is still on. The acid should still be good.

So if anyone wants to save a little money, send your grille my way. I'm looking to dispose of it soon, but I figured I would help some people out if need be.

Yeah, the fumes are strong enough to eat metal surrounding it if it's being vented into a room. Always do it outside and only in a plastic bin.

First time I did it, I almost passed out the second I got a whiff of it. I ran away from it like a little girl. :laugh:

First time I did it, I almost passed out the second I got a whiff of it. I ran away from it like a little girl. :laugh:

haha. you would have laughed your ass off if you saw me. it was like i just drank an entire bottle if ipecac. ran out into the middle of my backyard and started vomiting uncontrollably :laugh:

hmm. I won't have it with me tonight, and I am taking a vacation day tomorrow. when are you planning on going to get yours?

Back