• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Back to the CEG with an SVT this time

dTour

CEG'er
Well I decided to buy a car that gets better gas milage, and to keep miles off of my F-150, and I found an SVT to buy! It is T-red w/midnight blue interior. Build # 765 It needs to have some maintenence and upkeep mechanical wise, but is a good solid car. Here it is with the top half waxed with only Step 1 of the 3 step Meguires. Just wait until all 3 stages are done! It feels awesome to finally pick up an SVT contour.

6cobh1f.jpg

*jealous* Maybe I will pick one up in the future.... ive been thinking about it

Nice! I almost thought that was MLuko's old car (his was a 98 EO) but he never did get his build # and this car is missing tinted windows and taillights. Looks really clean. Let me know if you ever want to sell those rims :)

where did you find that.... you live like 5 minutes away... must have been a pretty penny... congrats!

where did you find that.... you live like 5 minutes away... must have been a pretty penny... congrats!

I found it at a used car dealer in Madison for only $3,500 dollars. I talked him down from $4,200. When I got it, the secondaries weren't opening.....which was fixed with a $6 bushing to connect the small linkage under the throttle body. Everything is stock except for the K&N. I need to get new shocks/struts and springs. Maybe some nice wheels too. And I definately want a short throw shifter. I am so used to the Pro 5.0 in my Mustang, that the Contours shifter feels like I'm rowing a boat! hahaha!

LOL on the rowing a boat, I cant wait to get a Short Throw Shifter as well.

Car looks very good and congrats. It looks like it has found a good new home and its way onto CEG....

- Amyn

I found it at a used car dealer in Madison for only $3,500 dollars. I talked him down from $4,200. When I got it, the secondaries weren't opening.....which was fixed with a $6 bushing to connect the small linkage under the throttle body. Everything is stock except for the K&N. I need to get new shocks/struts and springs. Maybe some nice wheels too. And I definately want a short throw shifter. I am so used to the Pro 5.0 in my Mustang, that the Contours shifter feels like I'm rowing a boat! hahaha!

Was that the one at Family Auto Sales on Packers Ave.?

Damnit I hate you all with t-red, I have yet to see 1 where the paint wasnt flawless. Sweet ride man!!!!!

Damnit I hate you all with t-red, I have yet to see 1 where the paint wasnt flawless. Sweet ride man!!!!!
Look in the classifieds. Both the ones Steeda and FMR12B are selling have paint scrapes across the bumper ;)

Love the T-red E0!

its not mine.. I looked at it.. Seems like a good runner.. but it needed a bit of bodywork.. but you got a deal on it!

Back