• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Favorite

cnewton44

Hard-core CEG'er
I have a new favorite car that I want...:drool:

legacy1.jpg

Leather, three oh, manumatic, all for 32k. :drool: :drool:

Also spotted this at a local dealer.

lancer1.jpg

This is just the cheap inline four and it still has the paddle shifters for the manumatic.:drool:

Ya. I really like the Legacy's. I think im gonna go drive one tomorrow. I know their not realy THAT special but its still a nice car. The price is sweet too.:laugh:

That new lancer is titties. I liked the one I saw.

Edit: That right there is a fully loaded Legacy. Homelink and the nav system. Like I said leather and everything. Black at that too. I just like the looks and the features. Maybe if I get a decent job here soon I might be able to lease one next year. Also I didnt really know they are RWD. Comes with a limited slip too.

Last edited:
Love the Legacy too. I posted a GT Limited in that "What would you buy for 28K" topic a few weeks ago. I came close to buying one but need to wait a few more months while I rework my budget due to some recent purchases. :)

Still wish the 3.0R came with a manual though. Would be nice to have an N/A car and not have to worry about the turbo.

The only thing I wish is that Subaru would put some frivolous gimmick features in the thing! The car is their flagship and it doesn't even have one-touch-up windows, automatic headlights, power retention when the car is shut off (to close windows/etc) or a decent premium audio system. I have all four in my 8-year-old Nissan! Not to mention newer features like Bluetooth, voice-activated functions, MP3 upload, pushbutton start. They finally got around to putting a multifunction trip display by the gauges, but even that doesn't do much other than calculate MPG. I'd gladly pay an optional thousand for stuff like that.

Though I suppose by sticking to the basics they keep the car more reliable. At least they finally included an AUX input on the existing stereo.

Last edited:
I just built my own on subaru.com... I must say they keep the price reasonable for a car with the stuff it does have. I really would like to lease one next year.

They DO have projector lowbeams:drool: ... The front end isnt like, stunning but it looks nice and the whole car is good lookin I think.

Edit: Front end just needs more honeycomb mesh then it would look HOT!!!!

The Legacys Look Really good, Especially the GT version with the Scoop up front.....

But those Lancers eww those ugly lancers got so big in the back, and the lights all around its just ugly in a whole.... well thats just my Opinion:shrug:.

They messed up My fav is still the old school Lancer was the size of the mirage and beautiful Evos are like Hectors....

- Amyn

lancer1.jpg

It only comes with an I4. There isnt a V6 model avail. as far as I have ever heard. That particular one actually looks like the top model, with the bigger wheels and ground effects package. I love these new Lancers, completely different car.

I like both cars, but lean towards the DSM as far as looks go, but that Legacy has the advantage in power, duh:shrug: Yeah, lets see what the STI looks like, hopefully they've got an ocean of perfume to put on that pig of a car they just came out with:rolleyes:

eh .. I'm not familiar with running turboed cars. Read something about it's recommended to idle it a bit before turning off, stuff like that (not paying too much attention till I actually obtain a car with a turbo). Plus it's just another thing that can break. Since the 3.0 gives the same HP output as the 2.5 turbo, it seems the logical choice.

it's recommended to idle for a bit if you've just got done beating the snot out of the car. shutting it down after a leisurely drive through your neighborhood on the way to your house = fine.

Back