• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CD-2 Engine Detailer

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
Since I can never find it local, I was going to order some from Amazon.com. Shipping is about $9 so I don't want to waste money and just order 1-2 cans so I figured I would see if anyone wants to get in on it. (Unless you guys know where to buy local).

Looking to do this ASAP so I can clean my 00 SVT engine for put it up for sale. Just post if you want a can.

They are $10 each + shipping which will be split up between everyone.

You couldn't find any at Pep Boys or Autozone?

Haven't checked Pep Boys since they aren't really around my house, but theres actually one near me at work, so I'll try to check today at lunch.

AutoZone and Advance Auto definitely doesn't have it, around here at least. I check everytime I go.

How many cans would be required to do an engine once? I'm going to Carlisle this year and it would be nice to have a clean engine, but I've never used an engine cleaner before.

you can do multiple engines with one can.

Tony, are you looking in the right place at AZ?
every time i have found it, it is no where near the cleaning supplies.
i think it has always been near the snake oil stuff like the motor honey, etc.

I just checked Pep Boys and they don't have it. I'll check AutoZone again tonight but I'm almost positive they don't carry it. I've looked all over the store before. Maybe they have it again. :shrug:

i have asked before and they tell me they dont carry it or they have never heard of it. but i have found it in stores that have told me that.

i have asked before and they tell me they dont carry it or they have never heard of it. but i have found it in stores that have told me that.

haha figures

I'll check the autozone by my house since it is about 30 seconds away.

I'll check the advance in the next town over too.

Well I went to AutoZone today and checked. I found ONE can sitting on the top shelf by itself and no price near it. I brought it up and while I was paying I asked how often they get it in because everytime I check, there never is any.

He checked the computer and it said 4 in stock but they looked all over and couldn't find anymore. He called a store that the computer said had 15 in stock. They only found 3. They are being sent over to my local store and I'm picking them up tomorrow. They are $5 + tax a can.

The other guy working there said they're not stocking them anymore so w/e is left is what's available. If anyone finds them local, snatch them up because you'll probably have to order online after they're gone.

I'll have 2-3 cans on hand if anyone wants to pick them up from me at some point.

I'll take one of them

I ended up going to the store and they weren't there. The driver didn't pick them up from the other store like he was supposed to. They called the Bristol store and they had 2, so I bought those 2 and I'll stop by Southington again tonight for the other 3 that I was supposed to get originally. I need to get a Gatorback belt from them anyways.

I detailed the engine bay on the 2000 SVT yesterday and it looks amazing. I wanted to lick it.....
yummy.gif

I'm making it harder and harder for myself to sell the car. I polished up the exhaust tips on it yesterday too. :blackeye: I'm trying to talk my dad into buying the car so at least it's not gone completely.

I just stopped by the Pepboys on the Berlin tpke and they didn't have any nor did it look like the had a spot on the shelf for it.

Just an FYI:
If you have any powder coating done in your engine bay... be careful using this product on those parts!
It took some of the clear off my STB and left spots on the UIM. :(

Figured I'd pass that along just in case. Don't want anyone else to have the same problem I did.

Back