• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

April CEG Meet Ideas

OK guys, how about April 19th we meet somewhere in the Seattle area and have lunch? Something like Red Robin or whatever, near a mall so everyone can find it. Then afterwards do a fun run to New York or Florida or something...discuss it over lunch. Sound good?

Mexico?... :shrug: :shrug: .... Heard it was nice down there this time of year :laugh: ... hahhaha. but ya the 19 sounds good.. or that sunday would probably be better for me.. but i could possibly do the 19 :eek:

Ok - lets plan on Red Robin on the 19th. My wife would go for that. That is the Saturday before I go out of town.

I'm helping coach a Little League game on the morning of 4/19, so that is pretty unlikely for me.

But just in case... Which Red Robin at which mall, at what time?
A long round trip drive like that could help break in a clutch.

There is a Red Robin at South Center in Renton
Southcenter
17300 Southcenter Pkwy.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Mon-Sun: 11a-12a

We could meet at like 3:00pm or something - that way if someone had a long drive they could make it back home before midnight

There is a Red Robin at South Center in Renton
Southcenter
17300 Southcenter Pkwy.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Mon-Sun: 11a-12a

We could meet at like 3:00pm or something - that way if someone had a long drive they could make it back home before midnight

That's perfect. Southcenter it is. Who's in?

shotwell
Bugzuki?

3:00PM sounds perfect to me. Not too early, not too late. Also not in the middle of lunch or dinner rush at Red Robin!

The new clutch is in. I'm above 50% likely to see you in Renton around 3 pm Saturday. Somebody has to make it up there to represent the Portland crew.

(No, Barge, don't try the same logic to sell me on going to SZ. I can't swing doing a 1.5 week trip out of the office for a car group in May, on top of being gone for a week to get married in Chicago in June.)

4/19, 3 p.m.

Might be able to make it!

Shotwell: if I do, I'll bring those two E0 wheels I told you about, to see if you're interested in them. I'll also try to remember to take your spoon!

(No, Barge, don't try the same logic to sell me on going to SZ. I can't swing doing a 1.5 week trip out of the office for a car group in May, on top of being gone for a week to get married in Chicago in June.)

Excuses Excuses, I don't even have a contour anymore :p

It's really only like 6 days off.. not 1.5 weeks. I'm gonna try to make it there in 2 days. The return trip is harder because there's about zero chance of leaving early on Sunday. That's just lame.

Oh, and I might make this meet... well shall see.

Sheesh man, calm down. I was razzing you because you basically invited me to.

And yes, it's still a bunch of excuses even though they may be perfectly valid.

Yes, but i'm only crazy 243 days out of the year.

No, I don't have any family in WA, and no, i have responsibilities outside work. I believe it's called... being a bachelor.

That's cool, I'm crazy too, spending too much $$ to maintain an 11 year old car that only has value to nutjobs with bizarre brand, vehicle team or platform loyalties.

IF I were an unattached bachelor, I'd be going to SZ too, but the odds of partying female companionship are higher in Mazatlan.

Assuming we all meet up on Saturday, should we discuss proposals to hold SZ 2010 in Oak Harbor WA?

Well it looks like the weather isn't cooperating with my other stuff so I guess I'll head north to the meet on Sat. PDXSVT what time are you leaving? might as well run up together.

Sheesh man, calm down. I was razzing you because you basically invited me to.
And yes, it's still a bunch of excuses even though they may be perfectly valid.
Yes, but i'm only crazy 243 days out of the year.
No, I don't have any family in WA, and no, i have responsibilities outside work. I believe it's called... being a bachelor.

Get a dog put a little structure in your life....... :cool:

AF

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a dog as long as I could put it in time stasis any time i want to go anywhere.

In some ways dogs are worse than kids. At least when kids grow up you can leave them at home alone and your medical insurance covers their doctor visits.

Back