• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HOLY CRAP!!!

i beleive the f650 is one pound under the GVW requirement for a commercial license. gmc and chevy both have a truck like that too. pretty much a big rig u just dont need the creds on ur license. so anything over the 650 ull need a CDL to drive, still sweet though. im sure someone will corect me if im wrong.

It varies from state to state. For a class B license in MN, you can drive a vehicle that is around 33,000 lbs GVW. And that is the step up from from a "regular" licence. And a class A licence is for big rigs, and commercial hauling, and heavy equipment.

Damn that was perfect haulin stuff around truck. G luck with getting it sorted out. Hey at least you're not laid off and just got stuft with a $1500 medical bill for a homo kidney stone.

wtf! your company didn't give you a grace period on your health insurance?
Usually that ish is paid up til the end of the month, so you should have still been covered.

wtf! your company didn't give you a grace period on your health insurance?
Usually that ish is paid up til the end of the month, so you should have still been covered.

I thought he said they got rid of his health coverage a little bit before they laid him off. I might be wrong.

do it hahaha

do_it.gif
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h224/chris9581/do_it.gif

Whatever you do, don't EVER take the first offer!!!! They are ALWAYS very low.

Good luck!

Depends on the insurance company.

I got 10 grand for my first SVT that was KBB'd at 65 so, they called and offered and I said yes before she got finished saying thousand.

i beleive the f650 is one pound under the GVW requirement for a commercial license. gmc and chevy both have a truck like that too. pretty much a big rig u just dont need the creds on ur license. so anything over the 650 ull need a CDL to drive, still sweet though. im sure someone will corect me if im wrong.

Yes and no. There are circumstances where a CDL is not required for much heavier vehicles. Our race team has a Renegade "Toter-Home" built on an extended Freightliner FL-82 Tractor chassis, and pulls a 3-car trailer with a built in 4-post car lift. In most states, it does not require a CDL to drive. Heck, I helped drive it out to Laguna Seca and Phoenix and back last year. The funny part is, except for the 10-speed non-synchro gearbox, the thing is easier to drive than our team F-350 w/ gooseneck trailer.

Yes and no. There are circumstances where a CDL is not required for much heavier vehicles. Our race team has a Renegade "Toter-Home" built on an extended Freightliner FL-82 Tractor chassis, and pulls a 3-car trailer with a built in 4-post car lift. In most states, it does not require a CDL to drive. Heck, I helped drive it out to Laguna Seca and Phoenix and back last year. The funny part is, except for the 10-speed non-synchro gearbox, the thing is easier to drive than our team F-350 w/ gooseneck trailer.

Trailers are different than the cab. 5th Wheels, campers, car haulers etc are still classified by weight but do not require a special license to haul them. Where as if the truck was over the weight limit, you would. Just matters what is pulling it if you need a CDL.

Trailers are different than the cab. 5th Wheels, campers, car haulers etc are still classified by weight but do not require a special license to haul them. Where as if the truck was over the weight limit, you would. Just matters what is pulling it if you need a CDL.

The truck is definately over the weight limit you are talking about, it's about the heaviest you can go on public roads. It is a full Tractor chassis, and an extended one at that, with a living quarters built onto it. It depends on how the whole thing is classed in this case whether you need a CDL or not. The trailer only matters as far as total vehicle gross weight. We aren't even required to stop at weigh stations in all but a couple of states.

btw, Scott, sorry for letting your thread get hijacked. That was a pretty darn hard hit for being on your street . . . Too bad the kid on the 30 ft unicycle wasn't out there. . .

btw, Scott, sorry for letting your thread get hijacked. That was a pretty darn hard hit for being on your street . . . Too bad the kid on the 30 ft unicycle wasn't out there. . .

hahahaha good thing the uni family wasnt stuntin:laugh: :laugh:

im just glad none of the kids in the neighborhood got hurt seeing as they all hang out in front of my house:nonono:

holy heck! That is just crazy... I probably would have punched her in the head.

i dont even have to hunt this idiot lives right around the corner

F-750 is the highest you can go now. (33,000 GVWR) I've never heard of an F-850, but there was an F-800 that ended production in 96. New for 08 you can buy an F-450 with a bed from the dealer, but all 08's have the fugly front end.

wtf bagged, do you live in a carnie neighborhood?
meth midgets, unicyclists, what else?
Do you have a special circus talent too? :D

wtf bagged, do you live in a carnie neighborhood?
meth midgets, unicyclists, what else?
Do you have a special circus talent too? :D

yep carnie neighborhood :crazy:
and you know i do i keep the midgets inline:cool:

Back